Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have 98 sportage, does anybody know the part numbers for front seals, that protect needle bearing from dirt and water. I bought two seals, one is 065A and other ise 066A ending part numbers. But it seems that 065A is for 99 and onwards models, and 98 have old style seal.

I need the seal on the left, in the knuckle. But i have the one on right, it doesnt fit.
Picture in the comments :)

Anybody have suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,002 Posts
Hi. I have 98 sportage, does anybody know the part numbers for front seals, that protect needle bearing from dirt and water. I bought two seals, one is 065A and other ise 066A ending part numbers. But it seems that 065A is for 99 and onwards models, and 98 have old style seal.

I need the seal on the left, in the knuckle. But i have the one on right, it doesnt fit.

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

IIRC, part ending in 065 was the correct original part #. It's been many years now, but IIRC you -need- a bearing seal driver to install that seal into the rear knuckle assembly ..

And it takes moderate force ... to drive that seal cup, into the knuckle. The knuckle seal face has to be clean of rust/debris, and dry, to install correctly.

Best I can offer is to try to get the seal dimensions of the 065 vs. 065A parts, if the same dimensions - consider checking locally ... to see if a trusted shop, that does suspension work regularly, can install the seal for you.

Regards, GottaCruise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts