Kia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
6 Posts
Hi, I just installed front license plate bracket supplied by the dealership. It seemed to "click" into place. Is that right? Will it stay attached okay? On bumpy roads? (I live in Colorado). My Kia is a 2021 Sportage LX. Thanks

IMG_1121.JPG

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
Hi, I just installed front license plate bracket supplied by the dealership. It seemed to "click" into place. Is that right? Will it stay attached okay? On bumpy roads? (I live in Colorado). My Kia is a 2021 Sportage LX. Thanks

View attachment 119887
Just an update, got the bracket and screws in with three screws included. Lined up easily with dimples in the front bumper.

After installing I decided to take off the dealer cover in the rear, and noticed that there isn't a rear bracket. My rear plate are just screwed in up against car. Is that normal? If not I will call dealer to send me a rear bracket.
As mentioned above, there should be screw holes that line up with dimples in the bumper that actually attach it to the vehicle. Any automatic car wash would probably rip that off.

Reactions: BDubYa

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
6 Posts
As mentioned above, there should be screw holes that line up with dimples in the bumper that actually attach it to the vehicle. Any automatic car wash would probably rip that off.
By "dimples" do you mean the little indentations (the 6 really small ones) on the bracket (*see attached photo), or should there be some indication on the bumper as to where a screws should go? It seems really weird to me running a screw into the front bumper of a new car, when there is no indication on the actual bumper if that's the right spot or not. Any info appreciated.
IMG_1160.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
116 Posts
By "dimples" do you mean the little indentations (the 6 really small ones) on the bracket (*see attached photo), or should there be some indication on the bumper as to where a screws should go? It seems really weird to me running a screw into the front bumper of a new car, when there is no indication on the actual bumper if that's the right spot or not. Any info appreciated.
View attachment 119912
I was referring to the two dimples on the bumper of a Sorento. You posted a Sportage question in the Sorento forum. I only assumed Kia would have put the same dimples on a Sportage, but yes if you're mounting a front license plate bracket expect holes when mounting it according to the dealer. If you live in a state that requires a front plate and they're not even having the discussion about eventually removing the requirement, just do it. You'll never see the holes.

What I would do, would be to use 3M automotive double-sided tape to either mount the bracket securely or just 3M the plate to the front bumper. In case your state ever removes the restriction you can cleanly remove it with no holes.

You could also use a tow hook license plate holder.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
49 Posts
You should go to the dealership, even if it wasn't the one you got it at. I doubt they will give you any problems for that. For the most part any sales associate can help you, doesn't need to be anyone in particular.
My dealer transfered my plates to my new xline. No bracket gust screwed it on. On my first 6,000 mile service I noticed one side of plate was bent out about 45 degrees. Sucks. So I need to research and find a good black front license plate mount bracket. And try to template and mount into same 4 screw holes. Kia is realy cost cutting this model.
Oh if I only knew all the short falls I woul never have bought this suv.

·
Registered
'21 Prestige SX
28 Posts
View attachment 119912
Don't know if you figured out but yes the dimples are on the front bumper and I would assume your sportage should have them as well. The clips help keep your plate straight while you screw in the bracket.

Agree with C-trink that 3M automotive tape would be the best bet if you don't want to screw as well..the bracket clips aren't secure enough.

My dealer transfered my plates to my new xline. No bracket gust screwed it on. On my first 6,000 mile service I noticed one side of plate was bent out about 45 degrees. Sucks. So I need to research and find a good black front license plate mount bracket. And try to template and mount into same 4 screw holes. Kia is realy cost cutting this model.
Oh if I only knew all the short falls I woul never have bought this
I would definitely contact the dealer for the bracket, the sales team was lazy or ignorant. I would agree sorento has short comings, but where would you guys find an equivalent for the same price?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts