Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio S UB 2012
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

can someone either point me in the direction to a manual or provide step by step instructions how do I remove the front headlight on the Rio ?

I have the Kia Rio UB S 2012.

I want to replace the parking lights and it looks like the only way to replace them is the remove the whole front light assembly.

I removed the two bolts holding it down and then the plastic cover over the front grille however, thats as far as I got. I cant see any more screws to remove and pulling on the light , it does move and come off a bit but its as if its held by some plastic hooks or something. I did not want to break anything so I thought I'll ask here. Hopefully someone can help.

cheers

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm about the change out my parking lights also. If you reach your hand far underneath the headlight, you can reach the parking lights without removing them. Smaller hands would definitely be a plus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
xtra40, glad to have you on board. I was trying to find information on how to replace the indicator bulb to Philips SilverVision and your pics say it all! I'm glad that this car's headlamp does not require bumper to be removed in order to dismantle it but the downside is, replacing the indicator bulb requires the removal of the headlamp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts