Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Sorento XE 5 Speed Auto new 1st Nov 04.
Am I dreaming?? I thought I had a dashboard warning light when the front fogs were on? also mentioned in the handbook as when front fogs are fitted.
Wife told me mine were on one day when I was driving behind her on the way to work (sad I know we use Walkie/talkies till we go off in opposite directions, also very usefull when reversing caravan onto site)
Took it back to the dealer, they checked and said I had never had one, felt such a fool!! but was convinced it had been there.
Murphwiz? can it be fitted and rough cost??

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I really can't think if there is/supposed to be one!
I'll have a look at some others tomorrow.
Theres no legal requirement for front fog warning light, only for the rear fogs.

If it's wired for one, and theres a space, then it's just a matter of fitting a bulb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Jan 6 2005, 11:20 AM
I really can't think if there is/supposed to be one!
I'll have a look at some others tomorrow.
Theres no legal requirement for front fog warning light, only for the rear fogs.

If it's wired for one, and theres a space, then it's just a matter of fitting a bulb.
Hi,
I own a Sept 2004 xe manual, I also do not have a front fog dash warning light, although the manual states that the my model does, I intend to take it back to be checked, It would be interesting to know from other owners if their vehicles have similar instruction manuals stating same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a Mar '04 XE manual and same thing - handbook implies there is a warning light, but nothing shows on dash. Checked with dealer, and they checked their demonstration vehicle and same thing - no warning light in dash.
I'm not too worried about it but may get it fixed at next service.

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
Originally posted by Penlander@Jan 8 2005, 09:20 PM
I've got a Mar '04 XE manual and same thing - handbook implies there is a warning light, but nothing shows on dash. Checked with dealer, and they checked their demonstration vehicle and same thing - no warning light in dash.
I'm not too worried about it but may get it fixed at next service.
I also have this omission on my July 04 XS Manual.
It just seems so stupid that the risk can be run to have the front fogs on with no warning to the driver - makes you feel like one of those kids who think it's trendy to go around with their front fogs on - annoying is what it is.
So Kia, let's have a solution !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well KIA! What about it?
Sounds like most Sorento drivers are sensible and I don't want to be guilty of a habit that I find so annoying of other drivers. Generally I am a very happy chappie with my Serento but this lack of warning light is annoying, it has been standard on my previous cars that have cost upto a third less, Skoda can do it!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
i too thought there would be a light on the dash. i often find i have them switched on by accident, it is too easy to turn them on when putting the headlights on. however they are not fog lights - they are called driving lights and so are quite legal to be on at any time. That't where the confusion comes in - i thought they were fog lights too:)
Ros

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong
I was wondering at the fog lights issue in here too

I realized on a couple of sites from

www.kia.com as well as
www.cardomain.com
Owners on the second site had to install the lights by themselves. Do take a peak at the site by browsing through Kia Sorento owners

that the 3.5V Sorento's dont come equipped with for lights but the 2.5's do.
Could there be some correlation with 3.5's not being equipped with fog lights ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts