Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on which floor mats to get for front of 2020 Sorento?

I bought the Weathertech ones but after 2 days of use there were mud stains that would not come out after washing with soap & water and then their (overpriced) cleaner. They don't respond to email or phone messages. NOT impressed!
Anyone tried TuxMat?
Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
Sorento LX 2018
56 Posts
Try the Maxpider 3D floormats. Got the set for my 2018 Sorento, then found out that Kia re-labels it as "Kia" when I got 3D Kia mats for my daughter's Kia Forte.

And I am very happy with the mats (on the Sorento, as it is what I use). I did read a bunch of negative stuff on the weathertech, so I stayed away from it.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
584 Posts
I assume you mean winter floor mats? I got the Kia branded set for the first and second rows from the dealer as part of purchase. At the time they said there was no SKU for the third row (but that might be because not many 3 row vehicles are sold. My son loves the third row feel (rock star style limo with driver??). i bought Weathertech for the third row and was not impressed as (despite their claims of laser cut customised to your vehicle) it doesnt quite fit snug. the mat doesnt extend back to where the seat gets to the floor. and the grip on the bottom isnt enough to keep from sliding forward. thus a lot of snow ends up on the carpet rather than in the mat. Too late for me a number of folks in this forum recommended the Maxspiders. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,513 Posts
Strange. I have the Weathertech in the front, frequently mud them up properly, and it all comes out fine in the utility sink. I usually toss some Era laundry detergent at them and give them a quick scrub and rinse.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
678 Posts
We got factory rubber mats for both cars as free extra when bought them (brand new), from the dealer.
Those mats are now staying in cars year around. I wash them with pressure washer once a year (safe pressure not to cut rubber).
Check dealers if they have those and how much they are. The ones we got are great. I actually sold barely used factory nylon mats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try the Maxpider 3D floormats. Got the set for my 2018 Sorento, then found out that Kia re-labels it as "Kia" when I got 3D Kia mats for my daughter's Kia Forte.

And I am very happy with the mats (on the Sorento, as it is what I use). I did read a bunch of negative stuff on the weathertech, so I stayed away from it.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
I saw the Maxpider 3Ds In person once and really liked the texture and overall quality View attachment 115390 . I have since really enjoyed their durability, and traction! my feet don’t slip around like they did with Whatever-Techs. They also seem to stay put in the footwell better. After some on-line comparison shopping I got a great deal on Walmart.com.
View attachment 115390

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,513 Posts
They also seem to stay put in the footwell better.
? Did you have the floor tabs properly locked into the slots on the mat? My Weathertechs move zero front/rear due to that, and fit so snug left/right that they couldn't move anyway.
If you don't take advantage of the tabs, any mat will move eventually.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SX
12 Posts

I bought the Weathertech ones but after 2 days of use there were mud stains that would not come out after washing with soap & water and then their (overpriced) cleaner. They don't respond to email or phone messages. NOT impressed!
Anyone tried TuxMat?
Thanks
Doug
I've had the TuxMat since I bought my 2018 Sorento. It's been problem free. Warm soapy water rinses the salt off of it and it doesn't move at all when it's in place.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX V6 AWD Conv. Pkg. Tech Pkg.
197 Posts
I have the Maxpider and really like them!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have floor mats from kia and so far happy with it. I had better success cleaning these mats using spray nine cleaner.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX AWD V6
51 Posts

Anyone tried TuxMat?
Thanks
Doug
I'm using MaxLiner, they work great, same with Husky Weatherbeaters (Husky invented the style that Weathertech uses, I like the Husky's the best as they cover the "dead pedal" completely, and it's my usual go-to brand as it's U.S. Made, but at the time I bought the Sorrento, they were OOS, the MaxLiners have been great though (although not made in the US like Husky).

I find that Weathertech puts something on them so they're not as slick, but it stains.

I do recommend the black if possible, as they're the best.

I never clean my more than a squirt of 409 and a quick wipe down, or pull them out and hose them down on the driveway if they're really middy, always come out near-new like.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX AWD V6
51 Posts
I'm using MaxLiner, they work great, same with Husky Weatherbeaters (Husky invented the style that Weathertech uses, I like the Husky's the best as they cover the "dead pedal" completely, and it's my usual go-to brand as it's U.S. Made, but at the time I bought the Sorrento, they were OOS, the MaxLiners have been great though (although not made in the US like Husky).

I find that Weathertech puts something on them so they're not as slick, but it stains.

I do recommend the black if possible, as they're the best at hiding dirt =-).

I never clean my more than a squirt of 409 and a quick wipe down, or pull them out and hose them down on the driveway if they're really middy, always come out near-new like.
Here's what I have:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts