Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with this noise. Just started about a month ago. Has been making a clicking type of noise also while downshifting coming to stops.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
From Where? The Brakes,
Shifter, Steer Wheel, Drivetrain, Engine, Tranny, CV joints, etc. ??? how many miles on the SUV?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was also getting a mild clunk on the downshift into first when coming to a stop. Turned out to be the driver side CV axle. There was about 1/8 inch of radial movement inside the CV joint hub near the transaxle housing. Installed a new NAPA CV axle at about 110000 miles and it drives like new again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the same noise on my sorento. Clicks while slowing down, about 20mph or below. Occasional click when starting off. Sounds like left of center towards the front wheel??? IF this is the CV joint/axle, is this considered a warranty driveline event. 23K miles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If it is under 6 years or 60,000 miles, which ever occurred first, it may be covered under warranty in the US if you are the original owner and purchased the car new. The six years is from the date of purchase, not the year of the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You try checking the retaining clips on the brake pads? Mine made noise and I put grease on both ends or replaced them and the noise went away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
DefMan
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing