Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our Entourage has two 12v outlets at the front, just like below - except ours isn't quite so fancy looking being an "SE" model ;)

The Cigarette Lighter does not appear to give out any power but the front and the rear 12v outlets work fine.

Does anybody know if they are both on the same circuit?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cigarette lighter is only active when the ignition is on, the 12v power outlet is always live.
In our case, it makes no difference even when the car is running though.. :(

I'm sure I had a look to see if there was a separate fuse but I'll double check when I'm back home next weekend.

·
Registered
Sedona 2011, LX model
62 Posts
2 separate fuses...I just went through this. Handbook is confusing...look for other front power fuse socket

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 separate fuses...I just went through this. Handbook is confusing...look for other front power fuse socket
So in your situation, was it the cigarette lighter (left side) that wasn't working rather than the 12v outlet on the right side?

I should be home next weekend and can check it out - currently on the West coast right now..

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Yes they are separate fuses. The always live 12V is labeled P Outlet 1 in the fuse box. The cigar lighter that is only live when the key is on (where you have no power) is labeled P Outlet 2. Both are 15A fuses.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are separate fuses. The always live 12V is labeled P Outlet 1 in the fuse box. The cigar lighter that is only live when the key is on (where you have no power) is labeled P Outlet 2. Both are 15A fuses.
That's great, I'll give that a go next weekend :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts