Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX, Copper&Beige - 2009 ST1300 Honda - Wife's: 2016 Soul+ Bright Silver
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my front brake pads today and was surprised to find that all 4 pads were about 5/16" thick, evenly worn. I have 54,777 miles on them.
I made two cross country trips during that 54,777 miles, one to AZ from MA & one to CA from MA, so that probably accounts for light pad wear.
I was curious to check my pads because I had to replace the front brake pads on my wife's 2016 Soul recently with 40,700 miles on them.
Her Soul pads were unevenly worn, the outer pads were about 1/4" thick, the inner pads were worn close to the steel backing plates.
Several folks on the Soul Forum said that uneven pad wear pattern was not uncommon.
I did make sure the caliper pins were lubricated and sliding properly when I put in the new pads in her Soul.
Crazy/Interesting :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
914 Posts
I'm very happy with my brake pad wear at 52,000 miles also.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,347 Posts
@ member STKen
Glad all is good with this vehicle you also have. BUT I went back to your other thread and re read it. I found I made a mistake in my response.It should have read the OUTER pad for slide action as it was NOT doing "equal" braking action wear. Also my grammar skills must be slipping as I meant that I FILE the slide of where the pad is guided for smooth movement. I've posted on just about every model page about the need to do as suggested for unequal pad wear. Not sure of your area's "rust gremlin" concerns, but up here in Western NY it is a MUST DO for long and equal brake pad life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts