Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi EX 4x4 AT Black Pearl
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
I have a Sorento EX (Premium) and in the sale contract with the dealer I have "Front and rear doors with perimeter lighting".
Can anybody tell me what's this , I don't think my car have such thing.
Do you have this lights ? Maybe a picture to help me .

Thank you.

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Hey bheluIS, in the states, that's the red lights inside the doors. Do you have that. They are almost like mood lighting that glow down on the arm rests.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi EX 4x4 AT Black Pearl
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red lights inside the doors are ambient lights.These lights are on only when the position or headlights are on.The perimeter lights must be something like red (and white) lamps in the door panels which will show up in the dark that doors are open.I have red lamps but without bulbs or LED's only in my front doors .I wonder if others Sorento owners have this lights in the doors.I also have a 2013 Santa Fe and it has this lights in the bottom of the front doors.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
4 Posts
Mood lighting was an option installed on my 2012 SX. There is a little button on the left side of the center console just in front of the shifter. When the headlights are on, if you press it the lights change color under the dash on the front floor (Red, Blue, Green or Off) but the door panels stay red on front and rear doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts