Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do your friends and family think of your Sportage when they see it for the first time?

I've gotten mostly positive comments with the exception of, "Why are you driving your Mom's Kia to work?" (I'm also 20 and have no steady income, so that comment was technically correct lol)

But most people think it's this luxurious vehicle, priced much higher than it actually is.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Both my daughter and son when I told them said "what the hell are you thinking.. Kia...." My daughter drives a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited so she just laughs at most "civilian" SUV's. My son is full time Army and most 4x4's he sees tend to be heavily armored but that said drives a new Tacoma. It took seeing the SX in person for them to give it a thumbs up. The sliding roof was my son's favorite feature. My daughter loved the interior. Me, I'm just in heaven!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both my daughter and son when I told them said "what the hell are you thinking.. Kia...." My daughter drives a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited so she just laughs at most "civilian" SUV's. My son is full time Army and most 4x4's he sees tend to be heavily armored but that said drives a new Tacoma. It took seeing the SX in person for them to give it a thumbs up. The sliding roof was my son's favorite feature. My daughter loved the interior. Me, I'm just in heaven!

Lol, very different cars in your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
What do your friends and family think of your Sportage when they see it for the first time?

I've gotten mostly positive comments with the exception of, "Why are you driving your Mom's Kia to work?" (I'm also 20 and have no steady income, so that comment was technically correct lol)

But most people think it's this luxurious vehicle, priced much higher than it actually is.
I had the CEO of the company I worked for tell me my two tone beige leather "looked like something in a Bentley".

The leather is nice, but a Bentley???....I dunno, but a nice compliment from a guy that drives nothing but $200k+ cars

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a friend who was looking for a new car. He'd never even thought of buying a KIA before, but after having a go in mine, he's now ordered one.

Can't have a better impression than that.... ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Sportage last week! My friends simply love it and occasionally joke how it looks like a Porche crossover (which is a good thing). Upgraded from a 2015 rio, so we all think that the Sportage is better in every way from design, interior, drive and etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
arnelmercado
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing