Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 RIO5, 2000 GMC Jimmy, 1996 Astro Van, 2004 New Beetle Convertible
126 Posts
I've had my car for a month. My free Sat. Radio ends July 26th and they already called me for a 3 month deal for about $20 including taxes.

Of course the catch is they have your card number and when the deal expires 3 months after that they charge you normal price after that if you don't cancel...

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
Then you have to call them to cancel and they offer you the same deal for another 3 months and you have to remember again to cancel and it goes on and on. I let my free initial subscription expire, told them that I don't listen to it and therefore, don't want to sign up. I'm totally fine with the iPod and regular radio.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
I got the notification too of the free listening till June 3rd, but I have no interest in it and more than satisfied with my regular FM stations, Jukebox and USB flash drive with all my own personal music collection.
I don't pay for TV, so why should I pay for radio? You have only so much time in a day to listen and watch this stuff, no matter how many channels they offer - to me its overkill - just a way to get more money out of you.

·
Registered
2013 RIO5, 2000 GMC Jimmy, 1996 Astro Van, 2004 New Beetle Convertible
126 Posts
My Dad loves talk shows and ball games so I may keep it. Will definitely try the cancel trick.
My dad has the big truck for when I need to tow, so I finally have a car I won't mind lending him for use of his Escalade :cool: ....
So far I have been happy with the USB/Jukebox features . . .

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used usb for a year now and I like to change my music here and there just seems like XM is a good blend of new music and old without the work of transfer. I might pay for the year subscription and go from there.

Free is always good for now haha

Conwelpic thought you were mod???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts