Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, seems like there is a lot of turmoil on here just now, with people leaving and all sorts... but hey ave been away for months and now am back I just a little suggestion!... there is tons of pages on this forum now, and although the search feature is great I want to suggest something that I used to have on a previous car forum.

Basically it was a list of common queries and threads relating to them, also had the admins up top, so basically it would look something like this...

Welcome to the Kia Cee'd Forum

Hello to members and non-members of the Kia Cee'd family, whether its the standard cee'd, pro_cee'd or cee'd sw we should have enough information on here to keep you satisfied.

This site is monitored and overseen by Admins and Moderators. It is there job to monitor the site and prevent all hell from braking loose. Although it is not their fault if your car has broke and Kia is not covering the warranty... nor is it any other members fault. Everybody on this forum is here to help you. So either behave or face being banned.

The Moderators

moderatorname1
moderatorname2
moderatorname3

The Thread List
Below you will find a list of threads that have been recommended by our very own members to save you trauling through the list of forums. It covers basic warranty questions and who to contact, and also has some interesting information on audio installations as well as common problems. Please be advised that this list will not always be up to date, and some links that have recently been posted may not be in this list. We are not responsible for you having a headache because you didn't find something on this forum.

Common Problems

common problem name
link to common problem
link to common problem
link to common problem

common problem name
link to common problem
link to common problem
link to common problem

Other Reported Problems

other reported problem name
link to other reported problem

You can see where am going with this, the idea is that we sticky it and people post in the sticky about common problems they have noticed on the forum and then if you help out, we can get a good database going of common issues.

You will say that the search function is good, but human recommendations are better than an AI search any day of the week, because if a thread has helped you, it will probably help somebody else

Now I have no issue in running this thread, would obviously need a mod to sticky it when I got it up and running, but what you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,242 Posts
Here's the start: http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/82752-welcome-kia-ceed-forum.html

Please add to the list and we can update the initial post with each comment and recommendation gets posted in the thread.

In my opinion there's too many sticky's in this section - lets have comments and suggestions - should we un-sticky some of them or combine them ...... ?

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Well the audio projects could be merged..
On the other hand, there are some good DIY or upgrade threads which contain some really useful info - possible candidates for sticky flag but they are buried pages away...

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the positive comments, and appreciate Ron1004 putting up the post, but could you go in and edit it so it has formatting in the text? And as a moderator are you going to maintain it? With you making the post you will need to edit it and maintain it. I presume other moderators can edit the post?

Before we go ahead and get it running we need to decide who maintains it, because it's not something for the light hearted. We also need experienced users on common problems and user guides and fixes... so ideally the mods need to wave their wand.

With regards to the other stickies I agree this new format we are proposing could replace all stickies but let's start with adding usual posts...

I have suggested it but without mod approval, I can't implement it

Peace out guys x

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,242 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments, and appreciate Ron1004 putting up the post, but could you go in and edit it so it has formatting in the text? And as a moderator are you going to maintain it? With you making the post you will need to edit it and maintain it. I presume other moderators can edit the post?

Before we go ahead and get it running we need to decide who maintains it, because it's not something for the light hearted. We also need experienced users on common problems and user guides and fixes... so ideally the mods need to wave their wand.

With regards to the other stickies I agree this new format we are proposing could replace all stickies but let's start with adding usual posts...

I have suggested it but without mod approval, I can't implement it

Peace out guys x
I will most certainly maintain it, but will be reliant on yourselves for the content.
I'm sure the other MOD's will step in when needed as well, as they do across the forum (all sections).

I suggest that the additions and edits are listed in the thread, and I'll stop by and use these to build on the opening post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts