Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just recieved my K emblems for the wheel covers, steering wheel, and front and back emblems, question is the rear emblems seem very cheesy with just a black sticker on the inside while the others seem well made all painted, for those with them do they all have stickers or is the inside painted black? thanks

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I don't know about the black bits being stickers (on the 3D emblems), but I do know that the black parts have a protective film that you remove after you install the emblems.

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the black bits being stickers (on the 3D emblems), but I do know that the black parts have a protective film that you remove after you install the emblems.
mine are def stickers not placed on right either and look like crap, guess ill be sending them back

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
i can try not to sure how to, not very skilled on the computer
The simplest way is to take a photo, download it to your computer, reply to this thread and click the PAPERCLIP (beside the smilie face) to attach the photo to this message.

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
No, even the new ones are "stickers" (I recently bought a 3D set for my dad's Forte5 and those didn't seem like they were made of epoxy) but the ones you have seem to have a worse fit than most.

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
156 Posts
It appears you obtained a knock off of some sort. Those are first generation and the black parts should be hard enamel or acrylic NOT stickers. There is a third gen "3D" emblem which looks much better and more oem. Search ebay.

·
Registered
Sportage GT-Line 1.6T-GDI DCT (UK)
20 Posts
I bought a set from Ebay, and they came with a (very thin) clear protective film on the black parts, to stop scratches whilst being transported.

Picture 2 looks exactly like mine did before I removed this film.

Give it a try just lifting the corner a little. If it's clear, rip if off. ;)

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a set from Ebay, and they came with a (very thin) clear protective film on the black parts, to stop scratches whilst being transported.

Picture 2 looks exactly like mine did before I removed this film.

Give it a try just lifting the corner a little. If it's clear, rip if off. ;)
these are def cheap garbage emblems with stickers talked with the seller and he was aware of that, i sent them back, he says he will be making new emblems with black epoxy in the background, here is the ebay link i purchased from 7pcs 2010 2014 Kia Sportage VIP K Logo Emblem Set Trunk Grille Steering Wheel | eBay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts