Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Kia Soul

I don't have the exact mileage, but 70+K

The car is emitting something that sounds similar to a stud finder 'beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep'. Very electronic warning sound.

It doesn't happen all the time, it seems to be coming from the center inside the car.

Seems to stop when you open the door.

It happens while driving and will continue off and on. It will continue when you stop, but when I open the door, it seems to stop immediately.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jay

·
Registered
2004 Kia spectra 1.8 L Base model 125xxx miles
133 Posts
dash lights? seat belts on?

do me a favor and do exactly what you do to recreate the problem, reach down and mess with the key, Move it up and down, forward and back, in and out, see if the problem fades.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

2010 Kia Soul

In the past I posted that I was hearing an electronic like alarm somewhere in the car.
It sounded like it was in the middle of the cabin, and it would go on and off with no reason.
I had the dealer do a diagnostic with no luck.

It got to the point where it was just annoying, like an warning indicator, and getting worse.

I had enough! So, I had my wife drive around and I was determined to find it - AND I DID.

Believe it or not, it was the passenger back door speaker.

It's my wife's car and she's not particular about music so I just pulled the panel off and unplugged the speaker.

No more noise!. If I run across a similar round sized speaker I'll run some test and post the results, but for now... PEACE.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,708 Posts
Hello,

2010 Kia Soul

In the past I posted that I was hearing an electronic like alarm somewhere in the car.
It sounded like it was in the middle of the cabin, and it would go on and off with no reason.
I had the dealer do a diagnostic with no luck.

It got to the point where it was just annoying, like an warning indicator, and getting worse.

I had enough! So, I had my wife drive around and I was determined to find it - AND I DID.

Believe it or not, it was the passenger back door speaker.

It's my wife's car and she's not particular about music so I just pulled the panel off and unplugged the speaker.

No more noise!. If I run across a similar round sized speaker I'll run some test and post the results, but for now... PEACE.

Jay
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts