Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an uprated bulb for the standard KIA fog lamp. The one that is fitted is a GE 889.

I'm only asking as I would like to have something with a higher output.

Also has anyone put Silverstars in their North American spec Sorento? Did you find the light better same or worse?

I ask that as I put Silverstars in my Sedona and found the lighting was worse.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
Yeah 881 bulbs for some reason are pretty difficult to get hold of as in something after market that is brighter than the stock item. I purchased these,CLICK METhey are probably not the brightest there is but they are a lot better than the stock bulb. Hope this helps
All the best
Deks

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi, so 889's are for fog lights. do you know about the headlights? i would like to get white bulbs for both sets. any recommendations? thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I messed up. 881 are the standard ones for foglamps not 889's. Sorry. The headlamps are H7's and you can get Silverstars for them at Canadian Tire. They will run you around $27 plus tax for each bulb. You can also get them for the fog lamps and they are around the same price.

I had silverstars in my '02 Sedona and was unimpressed by them. That could have been because of the housing design and not the bulb. I would like to find out if anyone has had them in a Sorento and their impression of them in one. If anyone knows how they are I would like to know.

I also did some research on some other bulbs and have found that a 893 will fit and hook up the same as an 881. It is a 37.5 Watt bulb as opposed to 27.5 W for the 881. I'm going to try it out and see if it's better at all. You can pick thos up for around $11 also at Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) I just put a 893 bulb in the other day to 1 of the lamps. There is a noticable difference in brightness coming out of the lamp. I have yet to drive it at night to see if it's usable but I figure if it's brighter it has to be better.

I'll keep you posted as to what I find once I replace the other one with a 893 too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi!
i did intall silverstar on my sorento ,they where pretty clear but i had to change those 3 times in one year ,lucky i did save my bill from canadian tire so they replace it for free ( one year waranty)but the last time i did try the GE night hawk ultra bright h7-55 they are good and i think they last longer. bye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts