Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento sx v6, 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback gs
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced their inside windows fogging up. I have a 2013 lx v6 and we have just recently experienced some colder weather where we live (vancouver bc). The other day when my wife and were leaving the inside windows had dew on them! All the windows were closed and so were the doors so i dont think air was coming in that way. I did notice however that the black window seal by the windshield on the outside is not evenly flush to the windshield in one spot. Could this be the problem?

This does not seem like a normal thing to have happen to a 2month old car. Its really annoying and i am wondering if anyone has any ideas?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
you can get dew on inside windows on any vehicle under the right conditions, its not that unusual. Just set your selector on full defrost and make sure the a/c is not turned off and they will clear things up and also a/c tends to help remove moisture in the air.
Moisture on the inside can be picked up from any dampness or moisture in things like floor mats with water/mud/snow etc. Also opening a window slightly will help speed up the process. That's why I have the side window visors on my vehicle, that way you can park the vehicle with the window slightly open and not have to worry about getting any rain inside.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
783 Posts
Don't forget about the recirc button. That can also trap humidity in the cabin. Set the recirc to pull in fresh air from outside. However, if its raining outside, moisture enters from outside when set to fresh air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts