Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 2005 Impala 1998 Chevy 1500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 sorento, no fog lights, would like to put set on, oem style set found,is wiring harness plugs already there to install?change light switch also to oem autolights,fog lights,turn signals.Is it possible?

·
Registered
2011 Sorento Lx AWD V6
52 Posts
I've been researching this for a while, I purchase a LX v6 awd, but didn't get the fogs.

I've looked behind the panels where the fog lights would go (a lady backed into me and cracked one). There is a plug and a harness where it would plug in.

The problem seems to be with the indicator stalk/light controller. From what I've been told there is a different harness for the cars with the fogs then without. I was seeing if I could could just buy a new stalk and the foglights and just plug and play but seems to be a no go.

Was told by the dealer I'd have to install and aux switch in the car to control the lights.

But if you find out something different please let me know

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 2005 Impala 1998 Chevy 1500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
info on fog lights

Thanks for the reply and info, will let you know if I find any way to hook up lights. Still searching too!
Installed mud flaps on mine over weekend,factory from kia.Nice fit easy to install even give new screws and clips.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,203 Posts
Hello!! Any success? currently searching for info and videos..
Check the date of the last post in threads, and decide whether there's any likelihood of a response.

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
101 Posts
I installed OEM fogs in the bezels, wiring and replaced the stalk with the fog light switch one about 7 years ago on my 2012. Some of the wiring needs to go in the fuse box under the hood and inside through the firewall. Plus, it's better to remove the front bumper so I had the shop lift the car. I bought the lights from a seller in S. Korea on eBay and bought the pigtails and wiring harness from a Kia dealership in Florida through eBay as well. But the kit had detailed instructions so it works for me. Look for OEM in eBay or elsewhere. Cost me about 200.00 total back then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts