Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 borrego
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fog lights will not come on. I get a fog light indicator short flash then nothing. is there a separate relay for the for lights? if so, where is it?

·
Registered
kia borrego (mohave) 2014
2 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? Mine has been doing the same thing for years

i have the same problem with fog light indicator ,, one of my fog lights is not working and after that the indicator flash for a second and then disappears , do u have the same problem ?
and did you try installing a new fog light ?

·
Registered
kia borrego (mohave) 2014
2 Posts
fog lights will not come on. I get a fog light indicator short flash then nothing. is there a separate relay for the for lights? if so, where is it?
i have the same problem with fog light indicator ,, one of my fog lights is not working and after that the indicator flash for a second and then disappears , do u have the same problem ?
and did you try installing a new fog light ?

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza SXL / 2009 Borrego Limited V8
5 Posts
So, when I had a fog light bulb burn out on mine (EX Limited V8), the dash indicator would also come on then turn off right away. I replaced the bulb, and all went back to normal and indicator stayed illuminated. 2 weeks later, the other bulb burned out, same temporary illumination of the indicator. I find this to be normal, as the bulbs were used the same amount and the same age. I usually replace both bulbs when one burns out, but not this time.

So to be completely honest, I am willing to bet that your fog light bulbs are just simply burned out. It doesn't surprise me that both may have burned out within the same time period. The temporary illumination of the indicator light is pretty much just a "hey there, a bulb is burned out, kthanksbye" kinda thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts