Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B) My 2003 Sorento LX has the cutouts for driving lights, but Kia dealership is saying that they are not wired for driving lights. Have to get a EX with them already installed. Is this true? Do they make a installation mounting kit and/or a wiring kit so driving lights can be installed on LXs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was informed by KIA that the wiring harnesses are different between the two models. There are no plugins for the fog lamps. As far as a mounting kit, if you have aftermarket lamps your will have to design your own mounting brackets and run your own wiring. I have only seen 1 place beside kia that carried the lights and it fit the existing mounting holes. The wiring would be up to you. I was thinking about connecting them to my parking lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an LX purchased in the US without any fog lights, but it does have the cutouts; I think it is pretty lousy that Kia doesn't provide a kit a Kia owner can purchase to install the lights if they are wanted. An Ebay vendor says he has some that will fit, but I haven't tried it. I HOPE KIA GETS THE MESSAGE!!

I would like to see the Kia response posted on here !!!!

Let's hear you KIA !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
men buy the original fog ligth on a kia dealer and then go to pepsboys store and buy a installation kit for fog ligth its will the best way and ship

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi! Guys. I went to www.customsorento.com and purchased my oem fog lights for $139.00 and mounted them. But the only thing you have to do is try to find the light socket for the lamps, I was very lucky that I found them where I work. If you find them I had my installed at Pep Boys for $83.00 including tax. I have mine wired to my parking lamps, so when I turn the light switch they come on, instead of running a switch inside the vehicle. You might want to try that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts