Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and did not come up with anything. One of my FOBs is not locking/unlocking my doors and sometimes it will not start the vehicle (09 Borrego Limited). I assume there is a battery in the FOB that is getting weak, however, I cannot get the case apart on the FOB. Has anyone had their FOB apart? If so. what's the trick to not damage it?
Thanks in advance for your advice,
Robert

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
My '09 fob battery died recently. Using a correct sized screwdriver to pop the case open was all it took to replace it.

Guess that 3-4 years is all you can expect out of the battery.

Went to a local discount store for one and it was $5.95. Ordered five off eBay for $0.97 total including shipping.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Opening them up is made more difficult than it should be so that you might have to go back to the dealer. I found the instructions for a Mazda fob on the Internet. Small screw-driver is usually required; sometimes as a lever, sometimes to depress a catch so that one half of the fob will slide off. Our Mazda 6 fob is still going strong after 10 years.

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FOB Battery

Thanks Guys!
I got it open (finally). You are right, it is way too difficult to open. I just didn't want to damage it so I asked if there were some special "trick" to open it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts