Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm trying to use FM transmitter on my Kia pro_ceed but all frequencies are 0.5, for example 96.55FM, but on my car stereo I can only get 96.50. Any hidden settings that can do that. Also, does anybody have any experience with FM transmitters in kia pro ceed

·
Registered
943 Posts
You may have a transmitter not set up for Europe, other regions use different FM band frequency spacing. Try doing an internet search for FM frequency bands, there is info on the wiki site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tested this transmitter in a friends car, where he can set frequency to 96.55FM for example, and it works perfectly. Any way to make my pro ceed use 96.55FM, or any other .05 frequency? I can set only to 96.50FM or 96.60FM and the sount is full of fm noise :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are we talking about the car radio here, if we are its a receiver, the transmitter is what the radio station have.

You say you have tried it in a friends car, if its the radio you are talking about how, its built into the dash.

With modern radios you normally tune into a station name and let the radio sort out the frequency, not had bad reception with FM ever.

Suggest you return the car to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do not think that I have to return my car :) I only want to be able to tune to 96.65, 96.75, 96.85 instead od 96.60, 96.70, 96.80 etc.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Are we talking about the car radio here, if we are its a receiver, the transmitter is what the radio station have.

You say you have tried it in a friends car, if its the radio you are talking about how, its built into the dash.

With modern radios you normally tune into a station name and let the radio sort out the frequency, not had bad reception with FM ever.

Suggest you return the car to the dealer.
Skidlid I think he is using a transmitter on his MP3 player or simikar that allows you to use said device by transmitting the sound from the device on an empty FM band.

Personally I have found such transmitters pretty poor and too noisy to be useful. Also in the UK receivers only need to use 0.5 frequency steps which is what the Kia one does.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
avdija - I take it your ceed does not have the 3.5mm audio socket under the stereo, near the gear changer?

If the radio supports MP3, you could use the old school way and burn stuff to CD. The quality will be so much better if you can do any of the above.

Failing that:
can you change the frequency of your FM transmitter to a whole number (88.5, 106.9) instead? I never knew an FM transmitter to be 'fixed frequency', especially something so useless as 96.55 !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts