Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: I have had 2 fly wheel bolt sheer off on my engine.
They have replaced one engine. It is at the shop now with
the same problem...........Anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup I had the same problem.
First the crank shaft pully came loose...dealer said it was a " reluctor plate" problem.
Then last week I had the same problem as you...bolt sheered off.
Just yesterday my wife told me there was no heat.
I checked and found no anti freeze.
As I type this my "crap" 03 Sorento is in the shop for this problem.
Have not heard from the dealer yet.

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem with the main crankshaft pulley bolt shearing off. The dealer said he had "several" such incidents. He said Kia had issued a special "recall bolt" and they kept my Kia for three days until it arrived. They also put a new belt on. I had to be hauled in on a flatbed trailer just 10 miles from the dealership. (I had just purchased the Sorento). The dealer offerred to cancel the deal if I wanted to,but I really liked this fully loaded EX. I decided to keep it. I have had it since last September and have had no further problems and I hope I don't! I do keep a close eye on the pulleys though........just in case. I asked for a printout of the service done but I have never heard from the dealership again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi!
i've got a sorento ex 2003 who never had any problem , but last jan i was coming back from fl to canada and my crank shaft poulie broke to , they kept my truck for 2 weeks in virginia ,they change my engine for a bran new one and i will keep my sorento any way because i had all other american vehicule before and i had problem with those to.every thing is fine now and i hope i wont have those problems any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts