Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some nice rubber floor mats. I usually like buying factory stuff because it typically seems to work best. Does Kia make factory mats for these Rios, and if so whats the part number? I bought some weathertech knockoffs on ebay for $100. Put them in and the fronts fit okay, not great, but not really bad. However, the back was unacceptable and did not fit at all. I returned them and am back to the drawing board for mats, however cannot seem to find any. I am wanting to spend about $90-$100. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
$100 seems a lot for floor mats. Our K-Mart auto dept. carries a set of 4 carpet-style mats for $9. I renew them every now and then, and the extra rear ones that I accumulate make good liners for the boot. One car came with fitted EOM mats that look like they may have cost about $60, so your preferred mats must really be something special. Maybe they need to be waterproof?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah just talk to your dealership and they will get you weathertechs. You can order them from other automotive sites but if you get them through the dealership they will have a red kia logo on them.

Attached some pics of the weather techs bought from the dealership and the fit yours should have had. The back ones are quite a bit more flimsy and useless with less coverage but they still fit much better than any generic bought floor mats.

I am really surprised the set you bought for $100 were fakes. Usually fakes are dramatically cheaper and that still seems up there in price. Hope these help you decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
I negotiated mine for free at the dealership during purchase :/ My carpet ones are where my spare tire should be lol

Weather techs seems like the goto for aftermarket but factory ones are good if you can negotiate maybe on a big service?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah I absolutely love my weather techs. So much easier to just vacuum for 30 seconds off those than to vacuum off carpet for 5 minutes.

Only thing i don't love is that since they are black they do haze from salt and scuffing from sand . Just need to get myself a black dye trim restorer to use after each winter and I'll be set to go !

I'm a trainer and I always train clients in fields. Always bringing in lots of dirt into the vehicle so they're a necessity for me unless I wanted to wash and vacuum the rug every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Pro_cee'd GT Tech
85 Posts
On previous cars I always bought the cheap mats from places like KMart because the factory ones always seemed so expensive.

On my 11 month old Rio I decided to go factory mats and now I would never go cheap again. The fit perfectly, they look great and the quality is sooo much better. Mine still come up new when I vacuum.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
if you purchase direct from WeatherTech you can get in choice of 3 colours. As we don't know whether the OP is located in Canada or the US, here is the website for WeatherTech Canada
2013 Kia Rio / Rio 5 | My Vehicle Page | WeatherTech.ca

and for the US
FloorLiner DigitalFit Product Education Center | WeatherTech.com

the only thing I don't like on the weathertech (beside the cost) is the dead pedal portion of the mat does not cover all of it, which is why I did not purchase them and went to this company Findway Canada Inc. - Categroy Detail - Car floor mat, Atuo floor mat, Custom car floor mat, Trunk mat, Custom trunk mat
but unfortunately they do not do one for the Rio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yep!

Weathertech are really the best! I bought some winter ones for my wife's jeep Patriot last fall, and probably also buy some for my son's new Rio!

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
First price that I saw on Weathertech site was $169!

I guess you might need that in wintery conditions where a lot of snow and mud is tracked into the car, but $9 specials are enough for me. Keeps the carpets from wearing and easier to clean. At $9, I just throw them away if they're too dirty.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
I wonder if the Hyundai Accent 2013 will fit the Rio.
Comparing the pictures from Weathertech for the Rio 5 and Findway for the Accent they look the same.
I prefer the looks of the Findway product much more and only 99 bucks.
contact them and ask them to confirm if it will fit the Rio. I have their mats in my Soul as I previously mentioned and they are great, easy to clean and get rid of salt, just rinse them and let them dry and they look like new.

They look just like your original carpet, so blend in nicely, don't stand out like rubber. I used (in my previous KIA) to put my OEM carpet mats in summer and remove my rubber mats, now I don't have to do it. They are also very light and have a rubber backing and deep sides to hold all that slush and water in winter time and as I mentioned before it gives full coverage of the dead pedal area.

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up just going to a department store and purchasing universal mats for $30. I like rubber mats so I can just spray them off when they are dirty. The only rubber mats that are custom made for a Kia Rio seems to be weathertech. I can't see spending close to $200 for $20 in rubber. The back seat of the rio also has mat mounts so the mats do not slide around. This must have been something added for the 2013 rio. Weathertech has not yet updated their mats to have the back mat mounts anyways (not that anyone ever gets in the back seats anyways, it's just the point.)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah makes sense. I REALLY had to get weather techs. I'm up in the north of Ontario so we have snow for about 6 months a year here. There would be no point in my having rubber mats unless i had the weathertechs cause all the salty water would just seep off the rubber to the sides. 200 bucks yes but a good investment for where i live.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
I have the oem carpet ones, but live in so. cal so it doesn't rain much here. I thiught about getting weather techs or something similar but decided to stick with the oem. When I had my WRX wagon I did a lot of mt biking and had the rubber Husky Liners in it. They looked great and did a great job with keeping the dirt and muck in the liner itself. Like someone else mentioned, they were a but tough to keep black due to dust, but that was the only downside to them.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 Door SX (Premium package)
34 Posts
According to the Kia Accessories Brochure, there are all weather mats for the 2013 Rio. Talking to my local parts department, they haven't arrived yet. The roads are getting pretty messy here in New England so I bought a drivers side all weather mat from Sears for $10 while I wait for the Kia mats that may never arrive. I only want Kia mats not after market. And I really need the cargo area mat.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX, 1967 Chevy C10
241 Posts
I just broke down and bought the WeatherTech. Spent too much and found out I could have gotten them cheaper through work but I'm happy with them. I bought front and rear mats but held off on the cargo area mat.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
I picked up the 'all-season' mats from the dealership when I was there getting my winter tires mounted.

Spent more than I was planning on, but hey - its my first new car, so some things are just 'worth it'. ~$125 and I've got some factory RIO mats hooked into the floor now.

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX. 2014 Rio SX
273 Posts
I am a very frugal guy, but the $200 spent on the weather techs for my wife's car is totally worth it. Covers all the carpet so no salt or snow or grime gets on it. If you live in a place that has snow, for sure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts