Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2011 sorento sx,2007 suzuki m109
125 Posts
i bought the dealers mats last year and very happy with them and lot cheper the weather tech.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
The Weathertech mats are the best...and the most expensive. I like them because you can pretty much dump an entire cup of coffee onto one and it stays contained in the mat. Same concept with boots full of salty slush. Front and back "floor liner" runs $169 on their website.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I purchased a set of four brand new OEM Sorento floormats off member 'cobra259' on here! I believe he works at a Kia Dealership and he gives us members awesome pricing!

They were only $60 and were truly OEM. They also say Sorento on them. So if you're going for that 'factory' look, then these are great!

Will post some pic if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased a set of four brand new OEM Sorento floormats off member 'cobra259' on here! I believe he works at a Kia Dealership and he gives us members awesome pricing!

They were only $60 and were truly OEM. They also say Sorento on them. So if you're going for that 'factory' look, then these are great!

Will post some pic if you want.
Are they rubber? Yeah post some pics please.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah they are sturdy rubber. I know they are dirty in the pics, but hey now you know they work ;)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
Yeah they are sturdy rubber. I know they are dirty in the pics, but hey now you know they work ;)
yes, I had a set of those OEM on my Rondo, they were good and heavy, but the main problem I found was there was no coverage for the dead pedal and I had to cut a piece of spare carpet to fill that area and over lap the mat a bit so that when your foot was on there and covered in snow and slush it didn't run behind the mat as it melted.
Also, even with the deep ribs I found at time it wasn't enough to hold all the water that accumulated from snow on your boots, so had to make sure they were fairly clean before getting into the car.

I have these for my Soul, but unfortunately this company has not yet made a set for the Sorento, They work very well and hold lots of water without going over the edge, also easy to clean even with lots of salt build-up. Like the fact they look similar to the carpet so they look good all year round.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
It's worth the extra money for the Weathertech matts. Much better coverage and you just hose them off to clean them.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts

Have these as well and love them, they lock into place just like old ones, look good and are thick rubber. They fit very well and cover everything. You dont need to pay extra for the name weathertech as Ive been told those mats slide around are thinner and dont last as long. But to each his own.
http://www.oemkiasuperstore.com/Sorento_All_Weather_Mats_p/1uf13 ac000.htm

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
There is a video review on etrailer.com of the weathertech for the Sorento. Gives you a good idea of coverage, how they look, thickness, etc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I guess it comes down to personal preference in the end. Although I do wish the OEM Sorento mats did add a little bit more coverage, I still like the fact that they say Sorento on them. Thats the main reason why I bought them in the first place.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
I'm selling my 2012 Sorento SX's OEM floor mats for only $60.
Sealed and Bnew, never been opened coz i used the all-season mats already (rubber ones). I just need this gone, it's taking so much space in my cramped storage.

Buyer pays for shipping, or I could do meet ups in Edmonton Area.

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
Sauron,

I dumped a large DD coffee on my way in this morning because the coffee lid was defective, and my WeatherTec was great. I pulled over and emptied the mat out and everything underneath was dry...my car will smell like Vanilla for a month but the Weathertecs worked...

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I get $9 K-Mart mats and toss them about once a year. Mainly to protect carpets from wear and road grime. I sometimes keep a spare set in the boot. One car has OEM mats with a tether peg to stop them slipping about.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Love the weather techs for the car. They keep all the crud, liquid and dirt, in the plastic mat and the thickness is not a problem and they don't move around. Regular mats get crud all around and behind the mat as you can see in one of the posters pictures...As also noted, to each their own.

·
Registered
2013 SORENTO LX V6
10 Posts
Did some comparisons with the factory all weather vs aftermarket and came to a decision to get the Weathertech digital fit floor mats.

Only thing I regret is I should have bought these sooner...

here are my pics...

showing off my under dash led install as well.... ; )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts