Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Cerato
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a new 2005 Cerato and picked it up yesterday, the dealer tossed in some floor mats "Cerato" ones. I've done about 150km in the car and the crappy floor mat keeps getting stuck on the peddles. My wife and I have both had this problem I've moved the mats around but they still get in the way, mostly with clutch, but today the bloody accelerator got stuck down and the car rev'd out it actually peeked out and the engine stopped reving , scarred the crap out of me.

Has anyone else had either of these problems.

Floor mat problem
or
the car engine when over rev'd it cuts out, does the car have a rev limiter ?

:angry:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Cerato
15 Posts
[attachmentid=350][attachmentid=351]My mats that the dealer gave me are fine they have big pins that go into the carpet to stop them from moving. Here are a couple of pics that show you how mine sit. Maybe the dealer gave cheap ass mats.
hope this helps Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Kia Shuma
14 Posts
Try adding some sticky velcro on the areas which move the most, one bit on the mat the other on the floor... i'm not sure how effectively they will stick to the floor but it may be worth a try...

·
Registered
2007 Kia Cerato
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fastkia,

It looks like the dealer didn't install the anchor points for the mats. I've now found them and I'm installing them today.

[attachmentid=361]

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Kia Cerato
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them fitted, I also put down some thick clear plastic over the floor, and used Velco to hold it down as it is very muddy here at the moment, seems to work well took me about half a day to cut it all out to fit.

[attachmentid=362] [attachmentid=363] [attachmentid=364] [attachmentid=365]

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Kia Cerato
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed on the paper work that was with the Anchors that there are suppose to be 3 rear mats, I only have 2 just plain grey. Does anyone know what the third one I didn't get is ? and what it looks like ?

[attachmentid=366]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
its a tsb (technical service bulliten) they have forgotten to install these on a lot of cars. bring it in for a no charge install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts