Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Does anyone know where i can get a picture of the 2013 floor mats for the Sportage as im almost convinced that they have given me an older model floor mats with my new car i picked up this week, they just don't look like they are sitting right.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
289 Posts
Try the KIA website and click the "accessories" tab for the Sportage model, good luck!!

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Kia mats don't fit very well, in my opinion. Driver's side (r.h.s.) only held in place with single locating hook (even my wife's Rio has better fitting mats!).

·
Registered
2013 Sportage Platinum, 1999 Sportage
7 Posts
Just picked up my '13 Sportage and as you say, the Mats don't fit well.
I may try the 'chinese' one's.
Pity, a brand new car and pretty ordinary mats?!?!?

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
@ Asqueroso
Watch for Left Hand Drive . . . . probably won't be a correct fit for our RHD models (?)
Could be wrong, but have been caught before, so make sure you ask the question and get the right answer! Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage Platinum, 1999 Sportage
7 Posts
@ Asqueroso
Watch for Left Hand Drive . . . . probably won't be a correct fit for our RHD models (?)
Could be wrong, but have been caught before, so make sure you ask the question and get the right answer! Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the heads up Imay.
I actually had another good look at it. Apparently the plastic clips (hook-like) that are meant to hold the mats in place are positioned incorrectly, too far forward.
As the mats have carpet pins on the underside to keep it in place, I just removed the plastic hooks and now the mats fit as though they were meant for the car.
Dunno if these hooks are put in by the manufacturer (as they are pretty flimsily put on) or the dealer., but looks much better.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage EX
156 Posts
The problem I have found is that some companies are selling floor mats for the 2013 that are designed to fit the older circular mushroom-like floor posts. The 2013 we have has the newer rear-facing hook attachments. Even the dealership brought out the circular connection floor mats which their computer said would fit our 2013. They then ordered 2014 mats, which were designed for the hook attachments and fit my 2013. This may or may not be the problem you're facing. Note, I have a Sorento, but the wife has a 2013 Sportage...don't be confused by my info on the sidebar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts