Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Sportage SX Turbo Red Gray Interior
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear cargo cover handle allows people to see into the rear cargo compartment so I took some copper pipe cover foam and painted it gray and slit it on the sides and installed in handle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First time I put a small bag of fertilizer in the back of the KIA the floor start flexing down. First I could not believe how weak this piece is. So I bought a small wheelbarrow inter tube and installed it on top of the spare tire and put just enough air into it to hold the cover up securely and added a tire valve extension.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,108 Posts
I carry 50 lb bags of salt and I don't seem to have that problem on my 2017 EX. I've also lowered the floor to the bottom level to give me a bit more room. You can do that by sliding out the floor and then putting down in the the bottom slide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct it can be lowered and lowering it puts it on top of the spare tire for support. For those people who dont want to lower it and use the bottom underneath for storage this will give them an alternative for the flimsy rear hatch floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts