Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 ex luxury package.... And for those of you with keyless entry, you know how the lights flash when you lock and unlock? Well, half of mine stopped working. I noticed some trouble a few days ago but they started to all flash again, but now the entire right side stopped flashing. Its no trouble since the doors still lock and unlock, but I'm just wondering why.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I drive and use them for turn signals they are fine, and they come on if i push the hazard button.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
What about the parking lights? The bulbs are dual element, so it's like having two bulbs in one. The parking light part of the bulb operates on a completely different circuit. The parking lights are the lights that are supposed to flash when you hit the keyless entry button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The parking lights seem to work fine. I turned them on and looked closely. And when i locked/unlocked it this last time, the right side flashed a second after the normal time.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Woops, I misinformed you. The turn signals are the lights that flash with keyless entry, not the parking lights. I installed an aftermarket remote starter and I have it set up to operate the parkinglights instead.

Anyway, I'm looking at the diagram, and assuming the problem isn't wiring related, I think your hazard relay (not flasher) could be going out. The only two things that activate the hazard relay is pushing the hazard switch and operating the keyless entry. I bet if you go outside and turn on the hazard lights, it will start acting up. The turn signals operate off of a different circuit, so that's why they're working fine.

I can't remember if the hazard relay is at the right side dash end or under the dash on the driver's side, but since it's still under warranty, let them worry about it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had this same problem, Did exactly the same thing and quit a day later. Like you say the keyless worked ok so no harm no foul. I figure it is a computer glitch. hey we all have bad days.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
10 Posts
Might sound stupid but make sure the rear window glass is closed correctly.
If it isn't when you depress the button on the key fob to lock, the doors will lock but the lights won't flash so that you know there is a fault somewhere. :thumbsup:
Got caught out on this myself. :blush:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 kia sorento none of the hazard lights flash when locking with the keyless
entry all doors lock and unlock. all the doors and rear window are fully closed any ideas
thanks johnann34

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
I am going to hazard a guess and say since it is an 04 it is close enough to be included in the dreaded diode problem. My remote was acting up something terrible prior to them finding the diode fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts