Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0 fwd, Mercedes CLC350
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had a lucky escape with a lorry / truck and saved myself from a big accident. Still managed to do some damage though!

So I need to replace the Glass and the LED Indicator on my drivers Side wing mirror.

I've got the new parts after a week wait (had to be shipped from Dubai to Saudi. Noticed they are both made in Korea) and am ready for action.

The glass part is easy but I'm struggling to remove the broken LED indicator.

Does anyone have any information on how to remove and replace the LED Indicator???

I've always got the option of going to the dealer to get it done but am trying to save a few dollars :)

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't know how to do the indicator.

Congratulations on your escape, ما شاء الله. Car accidents can be very painful with problems that last a life time. From testing results, the Sportage is one of the safest SUVs.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Hi All,

I had a lucky escape with a lorry / truck and saved myself from a big accident. Still managed to do some damage though!

So I need to replace the Glass and the LED Indicator on my drivers Side wing mirror.

I've got the new parts after a week wait (had to be shipped from Dubai to Saudi. Noticed they are both made in Korea) and am ready for action.

Does anyone have any information on how to remove and replace the LED Indicator???

I've always got the option of going to the dealer to get it done but am trying to save a few dollars :)

Thanks
KIAtechinfo.com isn't much help, it just says to remove the mirror (which you did) and remove the screw and connector from the LED turn signal assembly.

Page 7-66 and 7-67 of the owner's manual has some photos of the procedure.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX
47 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks
This is what the service manual shows;

Along with these instructions;

Door Mirror Turn Signal Lamp
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the mirror from the mirror holder.
Be careful not to damage to the clip.
3. Remove the door mirror turn signal lamp (A) after disassembling screw and connector.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX, 6spd manual
184 Posts
Can anyone post on how to remove the mirror? My 2012 manual only goes to page 59, and doesn't show anything about the turn signal lamp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts