Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to fit in-car LCD/TFT roof mounted screens to their Sedona/Carnival ?

I've got a 5.6"LCD screen and want to buy another to mount on the roof lining.
I then want to hook these up to an ISO dash mounted DVD/TV/Radio ( yes...such a device exists ) to replace the crappy VDO CD player.

There are two plastic bosses on the lining just in front of each row of seats that would be ideal places.

Has anyone attempted to remove the roof lining ? What would be the best place to take an electrical feed from ( I assume the interior lights would not be a clever idea )

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The kia std fit roof mounts are fitted in front of centre row, drop out the plastic clip you can see in roof lining, theres a roof brace there, need to set up a mount plate screwed or riveted to that, then screw unit to plate cutting linig as required.
Power, take out the n/s centre grab handle (2 screws behind handle) also remove the nsf grab handle (2 screws) unclip the a pillar trim, you can then route power from the audio behind glovebox, up a pillar through roof linig to Screens. You would need to do this to get the signal up there anyway. theres a loom running down a pillar and behind glovebox to cable tie all your news bits to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts