Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Yes a Parrot CK3100 will fit just nicely into the rear of the Siemens factory radio fitted to the CEED.
I got the fascia panel out using a pallet knife (used to put putty into glass windows works a treat), start at the bottom of the unit and gently prise it away from the dashboard, a little at time all round then you can get your fingers behind and take it fully out. Be carefull with all the plugs on the loom wiring, they are all individual so you wont get them wrong when you put it all back, be aware they all have a little press tab to pull them away from its socket, they are a little stiff but dont pull on the wires themselves.
Remeove the 4 screws holding the radio in place and remove more plugs on the rear of the radio and the aerial.
The Parrot is very well documented ( Parrot France, Parrot.com. Parrot SA, Bluetooth. Actualités kits mains-libres Parrot France.) for the kit you buy and is basically a control box, 2 sets of wiring harness a microphone and a display module.
I fitted my control box coloured blue in the photos to the right hand side of the exposed dashboard just behind a nicely situated plastic bar and fed the other wires to the rear of the radio. Fitting the plugs into the radio from the parrot you then fit the Kia wires back into the parrot sockets, you see the box sits between the car speakers and the radio and the telephone call audio comes out of your speakers., these plugs I took to the left hand rear side of the radio so it would sit properly when replaced. there is one more module part of the kit i tucked away at the top towards the bulkhead in a lovely space behind the trip computer.Remember to keep all excess wiring coiled up and tied with a little plastic tie wrap as you dont want wires in the way when you slide all the fittings back in place.
The microphone wiring take through the dashboard and clip to the top of the A frame do we call it ? ie near the sun visor /windsreen and tuck the wire behind the rubber door seal. I must confess ive not decided on a final resting place for the Parrot display module yet, could be the air vent like so many telephone handset fittings , or make a little fitting to hold it below the enviromental controls/display.
Still hope it was entertaining, thanks for reading this and have added some pictures to help you install one too.
Im happy to answer questions on it if I can.

Next week we will discuss how to fit James Bond rocket lauchers in place of the front fog lights.:)

Cheers and thanks for reading this.
Peace - Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
All Fitted !!!!

CK3100 arrived this morning, I had a quick job to do. As soon as I got back, ripped the console panel off (the hardest part !!). All done and dusted, took about 40 mins.
Whoo hoo.
I have mounted the display and mic on top of the dash, will take photos and post.

Your guidance was EXCELLENT Dave.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ceed friends,

I have got my new ceed last week. :)
I have ordered it with bluetooth hands free unit at one of Hungarian KIA service here in Budapest.
They did it. But the control pad is mounted too hasty. :eek:
See: How do not fix the bluetooth control pad on ceed

My handsfree unit is Parrot 3000 Evolution type. It hasn't display, just simple buttons and volume knob only. It works fine with my HTC Trinity phone. The sound and features are great. But I am not satisfied as the montage is not professional. The control unit practically hangs on their weak cable only. :huh:

Dave, thanks for your photos! Now I see that is possible to place the control pad in the centre below the control block of airconditioner. I was thinking to place mine bluetooth control panel there also. But I am sceptic the sticker will keep the control pad to be fixed. :confused: Perhaps a metal bracket is needed to hold the control pad. (small metal plate with flat surface where the sticker tape can stick...

Dear Dave and Alarmin, What is your experiences with the fixing philosophy of Parrot? (i.e. press simple two-side sticking tape on dashboard)

Does it hold your control panel on the nice rounded dashboard of ceed well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Few months ago I installed in the service Parrot CK3000. I prefer to install control unit on the left from the wheel, right above rheostat. You can see pictures here (there are Russian comments, but they are not important). It's very handy - to answer the call I should reach left hand just a little and press the button, no wheel remote actually needed. And no problems with some foreign elements on nice facia - I strongly dislike it.

In fact, I have only a problem with pairing my Nokia E51 with CK3000, but it's out of scope of the "Cee'd - handsfree" discussion. So in general - I'm very happy with this solution.

Petters,
regarding "two-side sticking tape on dashboard - does it hold your control panel ... well?" - yes, it's quite adequate, no problems with it. But pay attention - as far as I remember, service technician which install it into my car use some liquid (alcohol or acetone-based?) to degrease both surfaces - and bottom side of the control unit, and the place where it will be sticked on the dashboard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for this guide, it was very helpful! Took me a bit of time to get the centre console off but after that was pretty straight forward. I'm happy with the job i've done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dave, this is my first post, i have recently purchased off of my old man a parrot ck3100 but the only bits i have are the control panel, lcd display and the microphone lead, i take it i am missing the mute lead with iso connectors! do i need anything else to hook this up with my cee'd? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I recently buy a NEW Ceed SW 1.6 CRDi.
I am having some issues on installing the Parrot CK 3000 Evolution on it.

In general i think i can handle it. My only doubt is where to fit the mute wire (Yellow). There are 3 options (Mute in 1, 2 or 3).

Can anyone help me here.

Thanks,
Vinny

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi all

Just had a Parrot MKI 9200 fitted to our ProCeed by Halfords for £199 all in.

They have done a very good job and it works a treat !

All the best

Nick & Family

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I've just bought the parrot CK3000 from Halfords but they can't fit it until mid Jan 2011 so I'm going to do it myself. Fitting the unit looks straight-forward enough, but how should I fit the mic? The Parrot manual recommends near the rear-view mirror.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
The parrot has an output to the radio that can make the display the phone is in use. Is there an input on the radio that can accommodate this feature

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Having read the OP excellent guide I have taken the plunge and bought a Parrot CK3100 of a mate for £40 which I intend to fit myself.

The only questions I have unanswered despite lots of searches and googling are around the mute connections and which one to use as well as the power cables.

Apparently with the Parrot in place there is the option of 3 mutes. I get the impression one mute stops your speedo working and I have read another can cause an issue when the windscreen wipers are operated. So which one do I need to use?

Secondly which way round should the power go cables go so the unit works as intended on the ignition?

Finally any further tips from those who blazed the trail?

Thanks in advance

Stubso

1 - 17 of 17 Posts