Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 kia sorento sx
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys today im about to tackle a tune-up on my nieces 08 kia sorento ls. It has 95k miles on it and its due for a tuneup. I just want to know if theres any tips or tricks to make the job easier.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
477 Posts
Honestly, if it were my niece's car and I had to ask "what needs to be done?", I wouldn't be touching it. I would just pay a pro to do the work.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
also what is needed to be done at 100k
Everything listed in the owners manual, ......if you know that all previous service intervals activities were done, and if not you'll need to add that to the list.

·
Registered
19 kia sorento sx
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that 08 kia sorento used to be my car for 10 yrs with 17k miles on it until I bought a 2019 kia sorento sx. I've done the basics on the car but I haven't touched the spark plugs since their iridium's. As for the manuals it's in the car. I ask on here so I can buy the parts before I head down there. I'll probably ask the parts house

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
Well that 08 kia sorento used to be my car for 10 yrs with 17k miles on it until I bought a 2019 kia sorento sx. I've done the basics on the car but I haven't touched the spark plugs since their iridium's. As for the manuals it's in the car. I ask on here so I can buy the parts before I head down there. I'll probably ask the parts house
The Iridium are good for 100K miles, so you should plan on replacing those, and being the V6 you'll need gaskets for the intake manifold.

Do a quick Google search for the owners manual to confirm what's due.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts