Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
Looks awesome! It was noted in the narrative that a sports oriented variant is rumored - that would be pretty amazing.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
772 Posts
This may be just different items being available in different markets, but I can make out headlight washers as well as front sensors similar to the rear parking assist.

Is this the "SX" version? I don't think so. It has the black cladding. I prefer my SX.

Interesting note about redesigning the center console...I love my center console. It was one of the things that swayed me to purchase the Sorento.

Note about a smaller LCD instead of the center gauge cluster. I'm not fond of these but we'll have to see how this was implemented.

Will have to wait and see...in a year or so?

Edit: Just saw the commercial. video wasn't playing the first time.

I think the LCD is an additional one in the center of the speedo.

There are 4 additional buttons on the steering wheel. Wonder what they're for?

The UVO/Nav unit is larger. No side buttons, all screen. Buttons below. Climate control looks different too. I think they haven't done the all red glow any longer...just a guess.

The interior updates look well done...will have to wait and see in person.

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Depending on what we get here in the US, might be a good on tender to trade in my 2011... Although I love her and would miss her!

I do like the UVO integrated with the 7 inch screen. I was upset I couldn't get that.

My 2011 has been solid except for he sunroof. It keeps malfunctioning to the point it will not even pretend to open. It is t the shop today. Other than that, I have received so many positive comments and the usual - "that's a Kia?"

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Looks pretty good in the limited views they show.. imposing music! lol

2014 Kia Sorento First Korean Commercial Released | AutoGuide.com News
LMAO! i like how they end the comercial

"New Sorento R!"

that's not even the SX version, why are they classifying the EX/LX as Racing?

if that is indeed the new "SX" equivalent "R" then it's a downgrade if you ask me, as it looks just like the regular EX/LX

i'm not even going to bother mentioned the other screwe-ups they did with the 2014 as i've already repeated many times in the other topic :p

·
Registered
2011 Sorento
256 Posts
in korea sorento is called sorentoR. sportage is called sportageR as well.

R doenst indicate trim level.

it looks very nice! i like their rear end treatment. maybe we will trade up.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (Premium, Light Graphite)
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to wonder about what "trim level" this is as well. I would presume its equivalent to a US Sorento EX with the Limited package. Is the SX trim sold elsewhere or is that a US exclusive? I don't recall seeing a Korean Sorento version of the SX, but it may just be I never noticed... I'm glad they have seemingly modernized the electronics, trip computer, etc. I am HOPING that the '14 headlights fit the 2011-13 version :)

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
I have to wonder about what "trim level" this is as well. I would presume its equivalent to a US Sorento EX with the Limited package. Is the SX trim sold elsewhere or is that a US exclusive? I don't recall seeing a Korean Sorento version of the SX, but it may just be I never noticed... I'm glad they have seemingly modernized the electronics, trip computer, etc. I am HOPING that the '14 headlights fit the 2011-13 version :)
those LED decor lights on the new 2014 headlights they do burn over time you know?

i've seen that happen even on Audi, Lexus, Mercedes, etc...

and you can't replace the individual LED after they are burned, so it looks butt ugly when they go, can see that from far away for oncoming traffics

so, i'm not really a big fan of LED build into the headlight assembly

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 4cyl AWD 2012 Sorento EX V6
148 Posts
Despite the shaky-cam fast cuts, there's a lot to notice.

The LED's over the headlights (not a fan of this myself)

Black panel between windshield and glassroof makes them appear to flow together.

Apparently blacked out windshields are allowed in Korea.

The motorized side mirrors (might already be standard on some trim levels today?)

There's some kind of blind spot detector system that flashes warning light on the side mirror cowls.

The steering wheel seems to be of two materials, probably that fake woodgrain for the 10 til 2 positions, kind of a throwback, I'd actually prefer the current wheel.

The air vents astride the stereo now have open/close dampers.

Shoulder looks higher with shorter windows

Still the reflective trim on 3 circle guage cluster

Bigger UVO screen

Rear spoiler on this trim

Rear view camera appears to be tucked under spoiler instead of by rear licence plate

Bulbous rear bumper including huge reflectors

·
Registered
10 Posts
LMAO! i like how they end the comercial

"New Sorento R!"

that's not even the SX version, why are they classifying the EX/LX as Racing?

if that is indeed the new "SX" equivalent "R" then it's a downgrade if you ask me, as it looks just like the regular EX/LX

i'm not even going to bother mentioned the other screwe-ups they did with the 2014 as i've already repeated many times in the other topic :p
The R stands for R-ENGINE (2.2 E-VGT Diesel Engine) No diesel for US market. in korea and other asian countries the SX trim is not available.

Hyundai R engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4 w/Manual 6spd
273 Posts
The one powertrain detail that is certain for future Sorento's is they will be available with the 2.0 L turbo 4-cylinder as the up-level engine which makes around 260 hp and around 270 lb/ft of torque as its set to be released at the end of this summer in the new Hyundai Santa Fe - a V6 is no longer an option unless you opt for the long-wheelbase model and then you get the normally aspirated 3.3L V6. The 3.5 L V6 is gone from the Santa Fe and most likely will be retired from the Sorento in the next couple years too. The 2.0 seems to be the magic bullet of power and efficiency, as long as durability and quality are there the 3.5 just can't compete even though it is a very good engine.

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
737 Posts
At first sight, I don't like its front and rear lifts but watching this commercial its look just proportion to its looks. Well, they'll add more features..but the most I've waited is the Auto close/open tailgate. Then maybe I will trade mine...

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (Premium, Light Graphite)
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I just figured out where I had seen that vertical bumper lights design before. It looks a lot like the current Subaru Outback bumpers!

·
Registered
'12 Sorento LX I4 GDI FWD, '01 Pontiac Montana
48 Posts
I know this is a slightly older thread, and I won't get a response soon enough, as I'm on my way to the dealer now about an oil change and bulbs.
Anyway, the last time they tried their hardest to get me out of my '09 and in to a '13. I was wondering, with this presumably coming out later this year, would it give me any leverage to get the '13 cheaper? I really liked the '13 4 cyl GDI LX w/convenience package that I test drove the last time, but couldn't get the payments quite low enough.

Edit:The service department is closed today, and was just sent on my way by the dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD loaded
10 Posts
Not too big on the rear, but the front lights and interier look pretty cool. Stinks, I just got a 2013 SX loaded 3 weeks ago. I was hoping a refresh wasn't coming that soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts