Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to run a power wire for an amplifier through the firewall in my Sorento, I can't seem to find an easy passage in the engine bay. I saw Imstricken's video, but I don't think I'd make a PowerBox. Hoping to install an enclosed amplified subwoofer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Following this as I am looking to do the same.
Car is only a month old and the dragon won't let me rip it to pieces to install a sub and upgrade the door speakers just yet, so I'll have to break out the tools when she's at work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has to go to the shop for front-end repairs. (stoopit road debris after a stoopit evening shift) I’m going to make it a point to ask where this hole is and post here. I’m actually planning to have the service guy pass the power cable through because there’s no way I can do it myself.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/
You've Already made this a sticky. Is this BOT post going to continue indefinitely? It's really starting to become an annoyance IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
You've Already made this a sticky. Is this BOT post going to continue indefinitely? It's really starting to become an annoyance IMHO.
Pretty obvious the sticky isn't working, I'll delete it.

No, not indefinitely, .....only until those requested comply.

It sure is an annoyance that so many ignore the prompt at sign-up and the sticky.

Edit: You may have noticed that threads are cleared of these requests once the request has served its purpose.
Tip. if you see one of these where the person requested has complied, hit the like button and it will alert me to delete.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pretty obvious the sticky isn't working, I'll delete it.

No, not indefinitely, .....only until those requested comply.

It sure is an annoyance that so many ignore the prompt at sign-up and the sticky.

Edit: You may have noticed that threads are cleared of these requests once the request has served its purpose.
Tip. if you see one of these where the person requested has complied, hit the like button and it will alert me to delete.
Is compliance mandatory to be on this Board? I sure don't remember reading that. If the poster can not see the benefit of doing this, then the problem is his. These constant warnings are very tiring.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Trying to run a power wire for an amplifier through the firewall in my Sorento, I can't seem to find an easy passage in the engine bay. I saw Imstricken's video, but I don't think I'd make a PowerBox. Hoping to install an enclosed amplified subwoofer.
Search my post called 'powered subwoofer installed'.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is rubber grommet in under driver side and you can make a little cut to run wires. I run wires through there to connect battery.

·
Registered
382 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts