Kia Forum banner

Finish wear top of headlight

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  PvdH 
#1 ·
‘17 Sorento LX V6 AWD - 22k miles

Have noticed on the upper part of the driver side headlight that some finish wear is occurring. Thought it might be water leaking into the headlight... but now appears it’s some sort of outer tint coating. Can feel the difference rubbing my fingers over the area. Other headlight is fine.

Would this be worth approaching the dealer as a warranty item?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
We just bought a 2017 Kia Sorento AWD V6 with 45K miles on it (former rental car) and it is also showing what looks like peeling on top of both headlight assemblies. Is it just cosmetic, or is it a protective film/coating that will cause the assembly to get scratched and yellowed once the film is gone?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
For reference, I just dropped my car off at Kia for an unrelated issue, but like I mentioned above, mine is also peeling just like the OP. I was told that they will replace the light under warranty. No fight or anything. They just looked and said yep, we will replace it.

So yeah, go give it a go you guys.

#10 ·
See my post right above yours. But yeah, its pretty crappy. On prior cars, it took maybe 5-6 years for the lights to start going bad. My sorento is only 2 years old and the clear was peeling in chuncks. I feel like the best solution is to take the light out, sand off the garbage clear and have a body shop spray with some automotive clear. Would probably last longer.

#16 ·
The 5 year / 60k comprehensive (bumper to bumper) always transfers to new owners. The 10 year / 100k powertrain does not unless the vehicle is sold by a Kia dealer as CPO.

The radio warranty is only 3 years / 36k for unknown reasons.

For anyone buying a Kia CPO... make absolutely sure you sign and receive a copy of the CPO powertrain contract backed by Fidelity. Some folks buy CPO and don’t receive this... and simply end up being out of luck. Even my dealer tried pulling that trick on me... but luckily I caught it in the finance office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.