Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Pro back on Tuesday, all fixed after my shunt. After driving a 61 reg Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi, 12 reg Corsa 1.4 SE Auto and 2 12 reg Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRi's in the time my car has been of the road, I have to say the Pro really compares well with the cars I've had over the last few weeks, obviously the Insignias had a far plusher interior, more gadgets etc, and the DS3 was OK too, handled well but interior was a combination of flash piano black trim and naff plastic typical Citroen switchgear, but the Pro's diesel engine was far smoother than both of them, and for my money better looking than both. The Corsa was the worst, but felt solid, drove well and had 7 miles on the clock and a heated steering wheel - WTF?

All in all well chuffed to get the Pro back, and put it a decent second behind the Insignias, car's going in for it's 4th service on Tuesday at Ward Green Kia in Barnsley (anyone with any experience of this dealer please add to the thread!) quoted £186 all in which isn't bad as I've been quoted over £200 from other dealers, and they're giving me another car for the day too (hope it's an Optima!)

My car will about 150-200 miles past the 12,500 service interval because of the accident when I take it in, does anyone think the dealer will be funny about this?

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Glad you got your car back. Don't worry about being 200 miles past service. That's nothing. 2000 might be different!

·
Premium Member
ProCeed 3 & Picanto 3
1,490 Posts
Glad its back with you. Nice to hear how you rate it too.
My dealers were fine as mine was due to be 'overdue' as i was deployed with work for a few months but my mileage was nowhere near the scheduled milage. ....may be worth a quick check on the phone or passing by.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad its back with you. Nice to hear how you rate it too.
My dealers were fine as mine was due to be 'overdue' as i was deployed with work for a few months but my mileage was nowhere near the scheduled milage. ....may be worth a quick check on the phone or passing by.
I rate the Pro alongside any car I've driven or owned, it looks stunning (especially in 3 or above guise) got excellent build quality and a real feel good factor from behind the wheel - the white dials and banging stereo, love it...

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
That's brilliant news mate, so glad it's all sorted at last.
Had my 25k service 2 weeks ago, clock read 25800 and the guys said that was nowt to worry bout, so don't fret on your 200 miles at all :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They gave me a black, 12 plate Rio, petrol, assume it was the 1.25 model which I was VERY impressed with - much more solid feeling than the DS3 I've been running round in, with superior comfort, ride and handling than my Pro too, only the sloppy gearbox let it down. I'm thinking a top spec one of those in 3dr guise for my next motor!

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I really love the look of the new 3dr Rio, but thought the interior felt cheap & tinny, wafer-thin doors without a satisfying thud ("sounds just like a golf") when closing.

I've driven a few new Picanto's now, the engines much better than <2010 models but they're still too light, bouncy & clunky for me. Next car will prolly be a current facelift pro_cee'd 3 to be honest, unless something amazing happens to our finances! (aka lottery = Nissan GTR *lol*)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really love the look of the new 3dr Rio, but thought the interior felt cheap & tinny, wafer-thin doors without a satisfying thud ("sounds just like a golf") when closing.

I've driven a few new Picanto's now, the engines much better than <2010 models but they're still too light, bouncy & clunky for me. Next car will prolly be a current facelift pro_cee'd 3 to be honest, unless something amazing happens to our finances! (aka lottery = Nissan GTR *lol*)
I see what you're saying - the tops of the doors were covered in hard plastic, not the nice squashy textured stuff of my Pro, but loved the toggle switches, chrome bits on the dials, plus all the displays were black with red text not the nasty LCD efforts in the Pro (though I love the white dials that turn Orange at night) so I guess its swings and roundabouts for a lot of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts