Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally added the "SX" letters badge from a 2012 Optima SX to my 2011 Sportage SX.

I didn't want to pay dealer price for the emblem set (comes w/ SX letters and T-GDI badge -- I could not find it as separate pieces) which was around $30 plus a few dollars for shipping. So, I checked eBay periodically until I finally found someone selling a new OEM set for $10 plus $3.75 to ship. Good deal!

Anyway, it bugged me that my little SX turbo didn't have the "SX" badge as other Kia SX's do. I really never understood why they left that off the 2011-2012 Sportages...

I know it's just 2 letters/a trunk badge, but I like how it looks and think it adds an additional touch of awesomeness to an already kickass vehicle :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally would share the link if I could. This was a "one off" item. I looked at the other stuff he had up for bid and it was just random stuff. So, he/she doesn't have these for sale so to speak. I just kept checking eBay every once in a while until I found a set for either a 2011 or 2012 Optima.

Wish I could help more! Again, other than paying full price through a dealer it seems you just need to keep checking online for a random set to show up...

ps... I'll dig up the link to the auction I won. Maybe the guy will have more in the future? I'll post the link later today once I get home.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I inquired about the price of the emblem, including the T-GDI at dealership where I was having some routine service done (they had a 2013 SX in the showroom with this badge). It was over $50 for the "SX T-GDI" badge...and unfortunately (or fortunately?), there weren't any available at the warehouse.

I noticed they also had a 2013 Sorento SX V6 in the showroom with an "SX V6" badge so I asked about the price for that badge: a little over $30 and they were available. He ordered one and I picked it up today. The "SX" and the "V6" were separate badges, but sold as one. I threw away the "V6" portion.

If you're interested, the part number is 86318 1U000.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,527 Posts
The USA Kia emblem has a list of $35.00, will sell to anyone for $28.00, plus shipping. Kia part # is 86317 3W010, this is from a 2013 Sportage SX.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
459 Posts
I would be interested in your offer. PM me with the details on how I go about doing this with you.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,956 Posts
You need some V12 badges for all 4 corners also........

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,527 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,956 Posts
Just an SX muffler with dual tips, bolted on and lower bumper cover trimmed for clearance........writeup thread was about a year ago.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
Vanity thy name is Sportage.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Meh......I am generally a fan of taking badges off, not adding more. But to each their own.

Those "K" badges are starting to grow on me though......

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
290 Posts
I added the "SX" badge on the rear of my Sportage before the "T-GDI" badge and the "SX T-GDI" on the front fender on both sides around spring of last year. I will be adding the K badges this summer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts