Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some upgrades on my SAAB today...

Better brakes, and a stainless performance exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brakes are getting better, think they are bedded in now, managed to haul it down from 130mph today without fuss, better initial bite than standard.
Have to be careful from cold, as the EBC Red stuff ceramic pads are designed for fast road / track use, so a bit wooden when cold, but doesn;t take much to wake them up.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next question is...........

Next upgrade.... do I improve the handling... or do I add more power...
Currently at 230bhp/350nm... could get that to 280bhp/440nm in about 15 mins with an ECU upgrade, or for very similar money I could upgrade to Full Eibach pro kit suspension, can't afford both at once :rolleyes:
Decisions decisions :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
What brand exhaust is that? do you know if they sell and ship to the US? I'm having trouble finding a good system for my sister's SAAB. :liebe011:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ooops just spotted the replies :eek:

Exhaust is a hirsch p[erformance item, I managed to get a blinding deal on it, so paid about a third of retail on it, not sure if Hirsch is available in the US yet? SAAB approved tuner.

Car is now 'complete', in addition to exhaust and brakes, added full eibach pro kit shocks and springs, 18" Hirsch 6 Spoke alloys, 3" downpipe with race cat, ECU upgrade with net results of 300bhp and 460nm of torque..
Need bigger brakes now B)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts