Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying Michelin tires for my Borrego, but I wanted to get some feedback on which ones to buy. I am considering the LTX MS2 or the lattitude touring tires. How are the tires wearing after a few thousand miles and do you still like them better than the Hankook radials that came with the Borrego. I have the v8 limited with the 265r18 tires. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are great tires as long as put miles on your truck, if not they will end up dry rotting first before they wear out. I put Goodyear Fortera's on my wifes and I noticed a little better ride and much better wet traction then the Hancooks.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
The Latitudes are good tires. They were factory on most of the last generation Sorentos and rode smooth and quiet and had good tread life. The Hankooks had very poor snow traction, and the Latitudes weren't great but did better, but I don't think you need to worry about that.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I put on the michelin...

I bought a set of the michelin ms2's last year as I hated the Hankooks. The ms2's were ok, but I got a floating sensation on the highway, so I returned them for a set of latitude tours which rode far better. As for comparision, it is night and day. The hankooks being the worse tires I have ever had on a vehicle. I have put about 15k miles on the michelins thus far and have nothing but praise for them. Even in 6-7 inches snow (yes here in atlanta), they did very well, when the previous winter, the hankooks were spinning in light snow. Add that the ride is far more comfortable on the michelins and it is a no brainer.

I am planning on buying Michelin tires for my Borrego, but I wanted to get some feedback on which ones to buy. I am considering the LTX MS2 or the lattitude touring tires. How are the tires wearing after a few thousand miles and do you still like them better than the Hankook radials that came with the Borrego. I have the v8 limited with the 265r18 tires. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply. Not much snow in Arizona, but I do have a place in Pinetop, AZ that gets snow. Roads are usually plowed, but have used the chains once.

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am ready to upgrade my tires for a smoother ride. I have 32000 on my Hankooks and can go at least 10000 more. Is the ride improvement with better tires worth ditching the tires early? Comments?

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I did....

I had less than 10k on my tires when I ditched them for michelin (latitude tours). I don't regret it at all.

I am ready to upgrade my tires for a smoother ride. I have 32000 on my Hankooks and can go at least 10000 more. Is the ride improvement with better tires worth ditching the tires early? Comments?

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Mostly depends on your financial situation. After 32k (Miles?) you can't be all that unhappy with the Hankooks, and that's not a bad run from a set of tyres anyway. You could partially justify an early change by keeping the best of the Hankooks for spares.

I ditched a couple of tyres that I wasn't happy with (Road noise, high wear rate) and fitted Michelin. The tyres that I took off (used as spares) will probably time-expire before the Michelins wear out at the rate that I'm driving these days.

·
Registered
2009 Limited Borrego 2X4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sunday morning driving home from work I had a front tire blow out. Sooo goodbye Hankook tires. I ended up putting Toyo versado CUV tires on yesterday and WOW! What a different ride from the Hankooks! Rick 2456 is so right about getting the better tires. I was going to put the highly rated Michelin lattitude tires on the Borrego, but the local tire dealer recommended I try the Toyo CUV tires as an equally great riding tire, that are a little less expensive. 40miles later I am very happy. Rick2456, thanks for all of your posts and replies. I should have changed tires along time ago. DO IT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking to replace my Hankooks before winter. They are starting to look thin after 81K miles. I don't drive in snow but I haven't lost any traction in heavy rains. I rotated them once at 50K miles. How is that for some value tires. I may buy another set.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
I installed the Latitudes and have about 16k miles on them. They are much smoother and quieter than the Hankooks. They hardly show any wear. I'm in Southern Cal so no snow and they handle well in the rain.

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
The OEM Hankooks lasted about 32k miles but I replaced them a few thousand before the wear bars due to an upcoming trip.

Having mostly used Michelin tires for the past 40 years installed the 65k warranted Latitude series and got 33k out of them to even and consistent
wear bars. No signs of alignment or inflation problems. They provided a very quite and comfortable ride but was very disappointed with the mileage. After much discussion with two tire stores and their distributor and threat of escalation into Michelin I received a 48% warranty refund. That was the mathematical warranty adjustment and was what I requested.

You are not going to get much if any help from your retailer.

I replaced the Latitude series with the MS2 series which I had got 80k miles out of on an Expedition. Super quite and no initial wear indications.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi to all. I have had Michelin on borrego this makes six now & no more, two of them went at 27,000, they replaced them for half of new one & the other two will have to be replaced at about 32,000. They were the 70,000 ones. Had two good years on pickup front they had 69,000, paid $98.00 for them. Told Michelin no more for me at $245.00, they told me if get 40,46,000 that's about all you well. Hope you have better luck then I did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts