Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....I'm new here and I love some feedback from owners of the new 2013 Cerato or Forte. I've test driven the basic Cerato S 1800 engine in an auto and I was very impressed of how well it went but I would still like some feed back from owners that have done a lot more hours driving one. I want to buy the Cerato Si with the 2 liter motor but have to wait for the price to drop down because that are very expensive at the moment. :rolleyes: I live in Australia.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
actually in North America for the Forte its a 2014 model, the 2013 model is the old version.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually in North America for the Forte its a 2014 model, the 2013 model is the old version.
Yes, that's right ...it can get a bit confusing even with different names too.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
I'd like to know too. I KNOW in the US/Canada, they've sold at least 1,000 since it's debut but...where are you guys?!?!?!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
I'd like to know too. I KNOW in the US/Canada, they've sold at least 1,000 since it's debut but...where are you guys?!?!?!
The 2014 Forte was first made available for sale in April and they sold 980 of the new model in the US and 559 in Canada. This was only a partial month for availability, we will see how it does with a full month when the May figures comes out.

HINT: read the location info on the left side :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Forte EX with Tech Package (US)

I have a 2014 Forte EX that I picked up last week in Dallas, Texas. It was manufactured 2/2013. Actually it was sold to Kia USA and delivered to a local Golf Course for internal Company event (probably to show off new models for the dealers in the area). So far no issues - very solid car, good power and far better than the 2011 Forte EX my Son drives. Not sure what questions you have but it seems like a lot of features for the money.. I only have 300 miles on it and haven't even refilled fuel..

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2014 Forte EX
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear from you that it's a solid car. I've had Subarus for the past 20 years and I'm thinking about buying Kia so I hope they are now solid and reliable. I just wanted to know the likes and dislikes of the new Cerato-Forte. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far the only thing "weird" is that it doesn't have DRL.. It has the LED's but they only come on with the main headlights.. Probably just a US car setting...

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far the only thing "weird" is that it doesn't have DRL.. It has the LED's but they only come on with the main headlights.. Probably just a US car setting...
Cool......how's your Forte going now....?? I heard that the Forte Hatch has independent rear suspension so I'm going to wait and see what they are like and try and test drive one but my main choice is the Cerato-Forte sedan even though it doesn't have independent rear suspension.

·
Registered
BD Cerato sport + 2018 my19
13 Posts
Hi there I have 2013/2014 Cerato sli with sat nav pack it's an excellent car it is the 2.0 lt version which gives you just that much more power as apposed to the 1.8 so value for money would be the si I live in Melbourne and absolutely love mine I've had it just over 2 months and can't fault it this is the 2nd Cerato I've owned the other being the TD Cerato hatch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts