Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is a 2012+(or just SX's) thing, but I was watching a video review and the person showed the exterior lights coming on when they used the Key fob to unlock the doors.

Mine doesn't do that...My lights only stay on after I turn the vehicle off and either wait a minute or hit lock twice.

I'd really like to have something like this. Ideas?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Perhaps it will work when it is dark out...I just checked my 2012 and saw that the headlights didn't come on but it is beautifully sunny out...I think at night though, I seem to remember, that they come on when clicked to open...I will check tonight.

Good question!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX
80 Posts
With mine you just hit the unlock button twice with the key fob at night on AUTO or in the ON position and the headlights come on for about a minute, but could just be an SX thing

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you mean flash on and off?
No, I mean the headlights and tailights coming on when you hit unlock. My turn signals flash as usual.

Perhaps it will work when it is dark out...I just checked my 2012 and saw that the headlights didn't come on but it is beautifully sunny out...I think at night though, I seem to remember, that they come on when clicked to open...I will check tonight.

Good question!
They will most likely come on at night! Let me know.

All my lights come on, inside and outside. I have an EX model.
This is when you hit unlock at night? I'm jealous. I have a very early build 2011 and I know they did some updates around october 2011...maybe that was included in the update.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
290 Posts
It will work when the car is in the garage, daytime or not. I know the lights will come on and stay on until we back out of the garage (daylight)

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
So with my 2012 EX, lights set to Auto...one click of the FOB and the headlights come on...rapid, 2 clicks to move mirrors out and open all doors, headlights not on...slow my roll on the two clicks, the headlights are on...kinda odd

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm starting to think this might be a 2012+ feature

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
This will work if your Sorento has the auto-headlight feature.
It has this dusk sensor that tells our SUV if its already dark and needed the HL to come on.

I don't know about the interior lights though (maybe you need to set them to ON?)

I miss this feature as i'm not using this anymore due to having HIDs.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
760 Posts
They come on for me, but sometimes they don't. I'll try to figure out when/why. Maybe I'll even read the manual...nah, probably won't :)

One thing I noticed is they never come on if you use the button on the handles. I believe they only come on from the remote.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This will work if your Sorento has the auto-headlight feature.
It has this dusk sensor that tells our SUV if its already dark and needed the HL to come on.

I don't know about the interior lights though (maybe you need to set them to ON?)

I miss this feature as i'm not using this anymore due to having HIDs.
My interior lights illuminate, but the exterior lights do not. I have Auto headlights and leave it in the position.

They come on for me, but sometimes they don't. I'll try to figure out when/why. Maybe I'll even read the manual...nah, probably won't :)

One thing I noticed is they never come on if you use the button on the handles. I believe they only come on from the remote.
I always use the remote. Even if I don't, they still don't come on. I'll have to read the manual...or atleast I'll try ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts