Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage '3' 1.7Crdi
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Has anyone else had problems with their rear parking sensors?

Even if all is clear behind, I now get a continuous beep and the dashboard informs me that there is something behind me when I reverse. I've cleaned all the sensors but the issue remains. :confused:

The vehicle is due a service soon so am sure it'll get sorted under warranty - but I'm curious if others have experienced the same. thx

·
Registered
Sorento KX4
400 Posts
yes had two replaced under warranty, the rear sensors have a black alloy cover that corrodes, if you look at your sensors on by one you will probably see some very tiny corrosion bubbles on the surface.
our dealer swapped one the three weeks later another.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX, 2002 BMW Z3 3.0i
10 Posts
I have a 2012 EX with another bad sensor or something. I had the continuous noise happen at 9000 MI which was fixed under warranty, now at 14000 MI and its doing it again which will again be fixed under warranty. I've also got an appointment to handle the KIA debit card fiasco. I love the ride, style and comfort of the EX but starting to loose confidence in KIA quality. Thankfully it has a decent warranty. I will be cycling out this car before the 5 year part of the warranty expires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts