Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The faulty brake caliper issue experienced on several Kia models especially the Picanto & Hyundai models has now seemingly appeared on my New Ceed,owners complain of long delay for replacement parts on Kia Owners Club Forum or it could be a parking brake issue as on the Veloster.

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
Well it won't be a parking brake issue.

The parking brake operates on separate drums on a Ceed not the discs

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Maybe Disbelievers car has a special Anchor function only fitted to his car?
Would be a right pain to get hold of a replacement, maybe google Kia Ceed Anchor for help? ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Disbeliver brings a new work to the Oxford English Dictionary next year, CARPERCONDRIAC, its like being a hypercondriac but instead of reading loads of medical books and believing you have loads of imaginary symptoms he reads Motoring Forums on the web and imagines his car is infected with loads of unrelated issues.

PS I am in no way suggesting that being a hypercondraic is a laughing matter, for people so affected its is obviously serious.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
The biggest problem im finding with my Ceed and its seems to be happening to a lot of people on this forum is having trouble with a particular knob, i think the knob is called Disbeliever!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Well Disbeliever is either the un-luckest CEED owner or he just likes to complain..
Be it either...This is turning into an attack on him and this is NOT something we all agreed NOT to do when we sign up to this forum...

It's best to ignore him and his problems and let us (Moderators) handle the problem makers and lets get back to helping each other...
Dave

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Dave, you are right and for that reason I deleted my post...

Have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,687 Posts
The faulty brake caliper issue experienced on several Kia models especially the Picanto & Hyundai models has now seemingly appeared on my New Ceed,owners complain of long delay for replacement parts on Kia Owners Club Forum or it could be a parking brake issue as on the Veloster.
Complaining about Kia products is not against the rules here, but to avoid your posts coming across as trolling, please provide reputable references.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Disbeliever is either the un-luckest CEED owner or he just likes to complain..
Be it either...This is turning into an attack on him and this is NOT something we all agreed NOT to do when we sign up to this forum...

It's best to ignore him and his problems and let us (Moderators) handle the problem makers and lets get back to helping each other...
Dave
Owners do not like their Pride & Joy cars criticized, so no more warnings from me in future you can all find out for yourselves, it seems my critics do not own the New Ceed. so I will stop wasting my time .

·
Registered
273 Posts
Owners do not like their Pride & Joy cars criticized, so no more warnings from me in future you can all find out for yourselves, it seems my critics do not own the New Ceed. so I will stop wasting my time .
What do we need warning about? Been driving for 38 years and in that time even BL cars I owned had fewer issues than your Ceed appears to have had. You have had you car 4 weeks and have had more problems (real or imaginary, who knows) in that time than the rest of us have had together in several years.

The fact is you complained about the car on the other site before you even got it, how can you be taken seriously.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Mk 1 ceed had discs all round but the hand brake still operated on a seperate drum.
As are all cars.
The hand-brake is always a drum, it's never operated on the discs. You would risc the car sliding down a hill if you would brake with the expanded hot brakes, and once they cooled down the car could roll down a hill. So every brand uses a separate braking system.

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
My CEED 3 has discs all round. It is the older model but registered on a 12 plate just a short time before New Ceed model.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As are all cars.
The hand-brake is always a drum, it's never operated on the discs. You would risc the car sliding down a hill if you would brake with the expanded hot brakes, and once they cooled down the car could roll down a hill. So every brand uses a separate braking system.
No they don't the Ceed is the only car I have ever owned with rear disks that has had a seperate drum for the handbrake. The list includes Sierra's, Mondeo, Focus, Golf's, BMW Mini, BMW 1 series.

Never had a car roll down a hill either in the 26 years I have owned cars with disc operated handbrakes. How many car do you see rolling away on a regular basis.

For your info as far as I am aware other Kia models with rear discs do not have a drum operated handbrake either.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do we need warning about? Been driving for 38 years and in that time even BL cars I owned had fewer issues than your Ceed appears to have had. You have had you car 4 weeks and have had more problems (real or imaginary, who knows) in that time than the rest of us have had together in several years.

The fact is you complained about the car on the other site before you even got it, how can you be taken seriously.
You should be aware that I have been driving for over 50 years and have owned 43 cars, I could write a book about my complaints with many including BMW, VW, Volvo Saab etc.

I strongly advise all my critics to look at the Kia Owners Club site ,there are horrendous issues with the Calipers on the Picanto, Venga etc.
I will quote last post today from Iauren: My car rolled down the hill crashing into my neighbours car-thankfully no-one was injured. when I got in the car the handbrake was still on full. I have returned to the dealership who checked the car and have informed the car needs new calipers (car is two weeks old) . The handbrake has been adjusted as it was coming up very high and I am waiting to take it in for the calipers to be replaced. I now also have to wait to get an estimate for the damage caused by the fault-light, bumper and bonnet are all damaged also my neighbours car has been damaged as well.
There are many other complaints concerning the calipers.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
That is indeed a very dangerous issue, and certainly worth checking in to.

Sorry Disbeliever, but I think we're suffering a case of "the boy who cried wolf" with you.

No car is 100% perfect, I'm sure none of us believe our cee'ds are, however moaning constantly as you've done since joining us won't achieve much except ostracising you from serious conversation here, or any where else to that matter.

Thankfully my car has rear drums (yes, very small ones that live on the inner of the main disc ring) as the handbrake, as I believe most/all 'discs all round' cars have.
As mentioned above, disc brakes are not suitable for handbrake duties, to my knowledge any how.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You should be aware that I have been driving for over 50 years and have owned 43 cars, I could write a book about my complaints with many including BMW, VW, Volvo Saab etc.

I strongly advise all my critics to look at the Kia Owners Club site ,there are horrendous issues with the Calipers on the Picanto, Venga etc.
I will quote last post today from Iauren: My car rolled down the hill crashing into my neighbours car-thankfully no-one was injured. when I got in the car the handbrake was still on full. I have returned to the dealership who checked the car and have informed the car needs new calipers (car is two weeks old) . The handbrake has been adjusted as it was coming up very high and I am waiting to take it in for the calipers to be replaced. I now also have to wait to get an estimate for the damage caused by the fault-light, bumper and bonnet are all damaged also my neighbours car has been damaged as well.
There are many other complaints concerning the calipers.
The post you refer to above was not submitted today, it was submitted, on the 24th September, please get your facts correct.

It is not about the brakes on a Ceed, its about a Venga which has different rear brakes which do use the disc caliper for the handbrake.

Lets not get this subject out of all proportion, no one on any forum has complained about a Ceed running down hill yet. So far it has happened to one Venga and who knows if the handbrake was correctly applied, it does happen you know.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts