Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have 06 grand carnival and i have the check engine light come on and it stays on. I called racq and they come out only to tell me they cant check what code it is because the dont have the equipment to check. has anyone that has some advise all welcome?

·
Registered
04 sedonna,07 oddsey,77 dodge p/u,kubota tractor------
97 Posts
If you have any of the chain auto parts stores in your area, they have the equipment needed to read the codes and are glad to do it for free. If you can get the vehicle to the store.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
If you have any of the chain auto parts stores in your area, they have the equipment needed to read the codes and are glad to do it for free. If you can get the vehicle to the store.
That may be the case in the states.........over here in Aus Ihave not found such a free service available....I have ordered a cheapie code reader to cover me when the light comes on again.

The CEL can be anything......a common problem is a cracked intake hose, the large black that goes from the air cleaner box near the battery to the throttle body near the fire wall. apart from that low battery voltage, any one of the many sensors on the motor.

Cheers Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts