Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a modified Kia Sportage SX? was just wondering if anyone has tried to modify it for performance
mine is in the classifieds if anyone is interested, its pretty quick.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
I'm waiting for SFR to bring its Sportage SX tune to the US. What did you do to get up over 300hp? I'm guessing it has to be more than just the exhaust and intake listed in your ad.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I'm waiting for SFR to bring its Sportage SX tune to the US. What did you do to get up over 300hp? I'm guessing it has to be more than just the exhaust and intake listed in your ad.
Or he buys into "ricer math".

Maybe he got some iridium plugs too. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
considering its faster then my 13 gen coupe track idk what to tell you guys
i guess you have to come try it or make some custom piping on yours...

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Got some time slips from a track and some dyno sheets?

LOL @ exhaust and hot-air intake giving 35+hp with no tune.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Soooooooo..............anything? Dyno sheet? Tune? Time slips from the track (not that slips would prove anything)?

I see it is still for sale, might help to be able to prove to people what you claim. Besides I think all of us here who are looking for more power would love to know exactly how you got to over 300hp. I know my interest is peaked.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
I've noticed that there is no mention of HP on the classified ad anymore. Unless I am missing something.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Obviously I think he is full of crapola on the numbers he is claiming. However I would be genuinely interested in hearing his exhaust.

I don't quite get why someone would buy a car, presumably brand new, modify it to make 300hp, then sell it before it is even two model years old.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys ive been working on cars for a long time if your interested in a car than message me otherwise please dont talk cr*p thanks
im getting rid of it because i need the $

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Well you come in here spouting off numbers, I am just saying post some proof.

As I said even if I don't buy your numbers, which I don't, nobody here has done an exhaust so I am sure people would like to see and hear your setup.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
LOOKING at the sexy beast raceing team vids on you tube . one shows a sportage on a dyno . I think its killowatts so it converts to about 350 HP

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I searched on Youtube for this "sexy beast" stuff, didn't find anything (that was American). Someone selling a super duper 300+ hp car would clearly list mods, links, dyno sheets. Not to mention the dyno sheets would be suspect anyway since they can be altered to show higher numbers.

I want to believe him though, because if all we need is a hot air intake and rinky-dink exhaust to hit 300+ hp then we might want to do it.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
I think the videos ive been watching are of a suv raceing class in korea . as in its a format where the race only suvs on a paved race track . dyno shows 258 killowats so that converts to about 350 HP

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Gotcha. I found the same videos. I thought you were saying the OP's "race team" was that name and they had videos.

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
How do you convert "killowats" to horsepower?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
One has to wonder about the OPs name. SnakeSX. More appropriately would be "SnakeOil"SX as it seems like bogus claims with nothing to back it up.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well, people don't realize that posting an advertisement with untested hard numbers is a legal problem. Aftermarket part marketing is good at implying huge improvements while claiming nothing, and some customers assume the best. Installing 10 parts that all claim "Adds up to 25hp!", a user could naively assume they added 250hp.

When buying a used car, there's some caveat emptor as well; check it out before buying. Asking how a Sportage SX is 300hp is a reasonable question.

Best of luck with the car sale, SnakeSX.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts