Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been hearing a rattle in the AC/heat fan at low speed (1 or 2 on the dial). Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'll have it checked out at my next oil change in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep I have the same issue. I HAVE heard of this phenomenon by another. I'm going to make an appointment to have this issue addressed. I wonder if someone has spoke to a dealer of this issue and its a known issue.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,868 Posts
Mine is fine.............

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
478 Posts
Not really a rattle but mine started making a chirping noise. It isn't consistent so when I took it to the dealer of course it wasn't making the noise. Hopefully it gets worse quickly so I can take it back.

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
I have the chirping as well and then when shut off you can hear it spin down. Plan to bring it to their attention next dealership visit. The high pitch sound from it can be quite annoying.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Has anyone checked thier cabin air filter, located just behind the removable glove compartment for leaves, or debri? This happened on my 2010 Tucson, it was eaten away, there was a ball of lint, & acorns in there :eek: something got in there? :confused: a new filter, & all was good again ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the chirping as well and then when shut off you can hear it spin down. Plan to bring it to their attention next dealership visit. The high pitch sound from it can be quite annoying.
Yep that's what mine is doing too!

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Its a faulty fan bearing and your dealer will replace it under warranty. Mine did that too, leather steering wheel peeling, and recently 2 of the rear back up sensors always beeping. All replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I had my blower motor replaced 4 weeks ago under warranty for this problem and now the problem is back but even worse than originally. Grrrrr!!!!!!!
Will have to go back to dealer AGAIN.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage LX
17 Posts
Annoyed!

THIS PROBLEM CANNOT BE FIXED! I have had my fan motor replaced TWO times in the past two years and it never fixes the problem.

I have a 2011 LX, got it Sept 2010.

The fan started this noise about a year after I got the car. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the motor and the problem was fixed until the next year the problem started up again. I took it BACK to the same dealership and they replaced the motor again but it didn't fix it. I took the vehicle back to the original dealership I got it from, they kept it for about 4 hours and claim they couldn't find a problem or hear the noise.

I have contact Kia every other month or so just hoping for a recall but no luck so far. The noise drives me nuts so I'm attempting to live without using the 1 or 2 setting which is dumb. As much as I love my car I'm really starting to think about giving it back after my lease is up. I did check my cabin filter today with the oil change I had done and it was pretty dirty but I'm honestly not about to fork over $80 for a new one with the holiday just around the corner. When I save up the money I'll have it done but the dealership also told me I need 4 new tires soon too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had mine fixed today so I'll see if I have any more problems with it. Service writer said he keeps them in stock because they replace a lot of them. While I was waiting I test drove a 2012 Forte Koupe that some lady traded in with only 357 miles on it! I'm keeping the Sportage for my wife but might consider the Koupe for my daily commuter; my Jeep Wrangler is just not going to cut it for a DD.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
I did check my cabin filter today with the oil change I had done and it was pretty dirty but I'm honestly not about to fork over $80 for a new one with the holiday just around the corner. When I save up the money I'll have it done but the dealership also told me I need 4 new tires soon too.
$80 cabin filter... wow.. check online and you can get for maybe $10. I had motor blower changed last year and its fine now. Hasnt been a year yet after the last replacement and Im hopeful it wont need changing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
$80? I paid $20 at my local Kia dealer for a Kia branded filter.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX AWD
78 Posts
I have had the blower motor replaced twice so far for this issue. Im not looking forward to the issue coming back again.

My dealer thought it was weird that we had the issue twice. When it happens again Im pointing him to this thread.

·
Registered
Blk 2011 Sportage LX
37 Posts
Just had the blower motor replaced as well. 2011 EX with 33k miles. Took about 15 minutes for the dealer to do. It's only been a week, but so far the squeaking/rattling has not returned.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had mine replaced 2 weeks ago now, nice and quiet once again.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
12 Posts
Had my blower motor assembly replaced under warranty. No question asked, no argument and no more noise.

·
Registered
2014 ForteKoup SX
32 Posts
My dealer replaced the fan under warranty when the service rep noticed it. I had not! Again excellent service - praise to Southwest Kia on I20 in Dallas.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage LX / 1992 Corvette Coupe LT1 / 2012 Toyota Camry SE
45 Posts
Yep, its happening to mine also on 1 and 2 setting. When I first herd it happening to mine I took it to the dealer and they said it was due to the cabin air filter and debris inside the vents. I replaced the filter myself but I KNEW it was not the cause and it is still ticking. I plan on taking it back and having it replaced. Its annoying!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts