Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hop in the Sorento to go to the store tonight and it seemed to turn over a little slow. When I left the store it was OK, but after stopping at the gas station it barely started.

I am going to get a battery in the morning, but has anyone else had a battery fail before 2 years? Should I be worried about a possible alternator problem?

Any recommendation on battery brands?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
What is the battery warranty?...part of the overall warranty or separate? I don't remember.

There are no consistently good brands. It depends on the particular size and whether it was made for southern or northern U.S. weather. "Consumer Reports" tests batteries each year, and different brands show up best for different sizes. They don't test the size we have. You might shop from a retailer you trust and has a very good warranty and fair price.

·
Registered
2013 Soul Base, AT, Titanium and 2013 Sorento, 4 cyl, Blue
104 Posts
Your battery has a pro rated warranty...it pays a little less every year. Call the dealership and see what they would replace it for.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I find that batteries last 3 or 4 years. latest failure was at 1½ years, and the "2 Year Warranty" on that battery meant a free replacement. The replacement battery, however, is not guaranteed past the original 2 year period. Replacement battery seems to be a generic brand, but I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The warranty was two years with no prorated ( ran out last month). I had to go to the dealer because no one in town had one

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
I have had mine in Rondo since I got it new, so now the battery would be 7 years old. Still cranks like new (6 years of ownership plus one year from production date - sold as new/one year old).

Either your battery failed or you did not recharge it. If you drive on short distance, lots of load... battery will not have enough time to receive its charge back.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
The warranty was two years with no prorated ( ran out last month). I had to go to the dealer because no one in town had one
The 124R batteries are harder to find than most, but they are indeed available in the aftermarket.

For example:

EverStart Plus 124R-3 Automotive Battery: Automotive : Walmart.com

Duralast/Battery (124R-DL) | AutoZone.com

Duracell® Automotive Battery - Group Size 124R - Sam's Club

Buy AutoCraft Gold Battery, Group Size 124R, 700 CCA 24FH at Advance Auto Parts

There's a lot more places, but I got tired of copying and pasting. :)

Best,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts