Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Kia Sephia 2000 model which I bought from Naza Kia Malaysia. After few months, we noticed other Sephias on the road had its headlight fading/yellowing.

Now, despite my frequent cleaning and polishing of the headlights, it is still fading/yellowing just like other Sephias.

If this is happening to many Sephias on the road, could it be a product defect?

Should NAZA be held responsible to rectify this issue.? Nothing was mentioned during the purchase of the car.

I'm at my wits end trying to solve this problem. Your kind help is highly appreaciated. :liebe011:

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think that is a problem with all..i thought mine just turned yellow because i live in arizona,but now that you mention it almost every older kia i see has that same problem..I used some car wax and a power buffer and it cleans them up really good.that is the best solution i have. they turn cystal clear after you buff them.Its just a short fix though

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I know white toothpaste will work on a headlight that has a haze to it. Try it out on a headlight that is turning yellow. It might work. It might also take a little while but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I cleaned/polished mine with fine rubbing compound. Not bad, although not like new but at least some light passes through the lens now. All new cars have plastic lenses instead of glass due to safety and they fade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i had that same prob. on all my car this takes some time but a really good fix

THINGS YOU NEED!! - Comet( powderd Clorox), 1000 or 1200 grit sandpaper (4$) and some metal polish or chrome polish (3$)

1st - use the powderd Clorox and clean the lens's
2nd - use the 1000 or 1200 grit sand paper and rub the **** out of the lights
3rd - use the polish and buff the lights clean

!!!TADA!!! your lights look good as new takes some time to get used to but i charge my buddies 5- 10$ depending on the light and i have made bank already on it

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,115 Posts
make sure the toothpaset doesnt contain arm and hammer... it scratches the lens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts