Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage AWD Lx
6 Posts
My Sportage came without the sub option (LX). I want to install an 8 inch sub in the factory location in the rear (don't want to lose any trunk space yet). Does anyone know the part number or where to buy just the enclosure. I searched and can only find info on people modifying the enclosure to fit after market subs. Or does anyone have plans for making a box that fits underneath the passenger side panel like the factory enclosure? I found a site for the Tucson (which for whatever reason can't find that site at the moment). Does anyone know if the Tucson box matches the sportage?

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I just bought a 2011 Sportage and I wanted to add a sub to the same storage spot that you mentioned, but I can't find a custom box that fits the space or the OEM enclosure that the premium sound versions come with.

I have a 2011 Sportage LX (without Navigation or subwoofer) and I want to install an 8" sub in the place where the sub would normally be. I have a couple questions...

I have see that it is possible to install a sub in the place of the OEM sub via Highbeamz post, but has anyone installed one in the same place if their Sportage does not have the OEM subwoofer?

Is there an enclosure behind the panel? I have not gone through all the work of taking the panel off to find out, but if the enclosure is there it would make my life so much easier.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/78096-full-stereo-less-head-unit-installation-2.html

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
466 Posts
I would think you should be able to get it at the dealer just like any other interior plastic pieces. Just go to the dealer and have them look up part numbers. If it's outrageously priced you can shop around.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Sportage LX AWD (Extensive upgrade list)
161 Posts
You can find the sub assembly on ebay for about $160 shipped. This includes the OEM woofer and plastic box (no bolts though). Interior panel can be found at various online parts houses. I'm in the process of doing this exact thing on a 2103 LX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts