Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 SX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am a new owner of 2012 Kia Rio5 SX, and I like it very much.
One thing bothers me-Kia does not sell OEM Anti-theft alarm system for our cars!!!
This is very strange! Every other car maker has its OEM Alarm!
How come Kia does not have it?:rolleyes::confused:

I just would like to buy an OEM alarm that will work with my keyless remote....and I do not have to carry additional remote of aftermarket alarm system.

Any sugestions will be appreciated!:)

D.M.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
My friend unlocked my '10 Sorento with the key, and it started beeping and flashing and doing all kinds of things.

Impressive, sure... But not when there's a cop standing there asking her for her I.D. at 2 in the morning!!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
dchev - where are you located, vehicles are equipped different world-wide

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 SX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Information

Hi guys,

I live in North Carolina, USA. I just found out that 2012 Kia Rio5 SX has an alarm. It is a passive one....it goes off when you open the door only, but it is still okay for me...
I third party vendor offered to install a shock/motion sensor, so I might go for it:)
If you see security alarm stickers on front 2 doors, you have an alarm!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
Hi guys,

I live in North Carolina, USA. I just found out that 2012 Kia Rio5 SX has an alarm. It is a passive one....it goes off when you open the door only, but it is still okay for me...
I third party vendor offered to install a shock/motion sensor, so I might go for it:)
If you see security alarm stickers on front 2 doors, you have an alarm!
great, now if you could just add that to your LOCATION profile and also fill out your DRIVES profile, so that it shows up with every post - thanks.

Not sure in the US, but here in Canada all KIA's come equipped with an immobilizer system as standard, so with that and the steering lock and the panic button on the remote, that's plenty for me.

These other motion alarms on some vehicles don't seem to do much to get attention you hear them going off in parking lots quite frequently and nobody pays any attention. Just put the stickers on and forget the alarm :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts